How is the Room Service Breakfast?

philamom

Since we will be having an aft balcony for our Bermuda cruise I was thinking instead of doing breakfast in the dining room to have it on our balcony, so...

Is the room service breakfast good?

How is the room service menu selection compared to eating breakfast in the dining room?

We had a balcony cabin and thought we would do room service breakfast every day. There was very little selection and they were about 20 minutes late which wouldn't have been a big deal, but I had worked out and was very hungry. After that day we did Windjammer for breakfast. Must more variety and we could still sit outside.

Since we will be having an aft balcony for our Bermuda cruise I was thinking instead of doing breakfast in the dining room to have it on our balcony, so...

Is the room service breakfast good?

How is the room service menu selection compared to eating breakfast in the dining room?

You have to order room service breakfast at least once if you have a balcony cabin!:D

It's a tough call - I *always* make a point of having at least one room service breakfast when I have a balcony, but the food is never as good. I'm from the midwest, a few things make me as happy as a good buffet, but the room service breakfast wasn't even that good. It was only marginally warm, and really tasted like it had been in a chafing dish since the night before. That said, breakfast was still great. Why? Because I was on a cruise! On my balcony! Watching the ocean go by! They could have served me anything. I do try to get to at least the windjammer for some decent food some days though. :)

We liked having a carafe of coffee and plate of fruit delivered to the room. I put the tag out the night before and they were very prompt (ROS). It was nice to have at least coffee and fruit while we got ready and watched the ocean go by from our balcony. I also brought creamers and syrups for our coffee, It's a little strong. The when we were ready we went up to the Windjammer or dining room.

No cost is usually involved as that is a selling point to cruises.. make sure if you call in the orders ask them to reapeat whatyou ordered so you have a better chance of getting what you ordered and not missing items.. the English spoken sometimes ( i do not know why ) is not understood and the order takers sometiomes do not understand.. so going over yoiur order is well .

Dinner on some lines , like Carnivals HOLLAND American Line, lets you order the Dinner served in the formal dining rooms as well... yes full courses in your room and/or on the Verannda (balconey) just think on the Nickel and Dime NCL they call those rooms suites so they can make more money from ya ...

:p

Going up and getting your own grub is an answer as well.. a HINT::

Place a plate of HOT Water under your Serving plate so the meal is HOT like the water temp when you get back to your room..

My friend who is a Sports Writer we have had on various cruise with us says..

(( HOT FOOD HOT:: COLD FOOD COLD ))

:D

on our recent MOS cruise we got room service every am, SIL got scrambled eggs, I got cheese omlet, always coffee and danish, sometimes sausage or bacon, the toast...forget about it! The omlet was warm, the scrambled warm, not great but we just wanted to get up easy and relax on the balcony. Do wish we had checked out the buffet. The last day we had to and there was some stuff i woulda enjoyed thru the week.

Have a great cruise.

MAO

We haven't been on RCCL yet but on the NCL Majesty last fall we had room service every morning. Neither of us is a big breakfast eater, and it was great to sleep in, have breakfast in our room and then shower and dress and get ready to meet the world. We have a JS on next fall's transatlantic on the Brilliance, and I imagine we'll do the same especially since we'll have both a nice sitting area by the window as well as the balcony.

You can request anything for breakfast - simply write it onto the roomservice menu. Every morning my wife requested a special omlette and tea and never were questioned.

We use the roomservice as a wake-up call, since they phone you immediately prior to delivering the order.

I get room service every morning for breakfast. I usually fill out the Continental B’fast door hanger and put it out the night before (of course writing in a few extra things). They call about 5-10 min. before knocking on my door. This is a GREAT wakeup call.

We are sooooo looking forward to our next cruise . . .

Constellation Oct. ’06 – Western Caribbean

Brilliance of the Seas April ’06 – Panama Canal

Jewel of the Seas Oct. ’05 – Bermuda and Caribbean

Dawn Princess March '05 - Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess '04 (C752 Cabin off back of ship) - Eastern Caribbean

Island Princess '03 - Panama Canal

Star Princess '03 - Mexican Riveria

Grand Princess '02 - Western Caribbean

Enchantment of the Seas '98 - Eastern Caribbean

My DW says the breakfast on the balcony is the best part of the cruise. Yes, just write in whatever you want on the menu you leave out and they try to accomodate you. We wrote in eggs benedict, etc and they were there right on schedule with a call about 3 minutes before arrival.

Be sure to list EVERYTHING you might need, like cream, sugar, butter, jam etc as if it isn't listed you may not get things like butter and jelly you'd take for granted if ordering toast, etc...

Also from a post on CC we learned to take a collapsable table in out suit case - and it worked great - big enought for 2 to have an enjoyable meal without balancing plates on your lap...

Dinner on some lines , like Carnivals HOLLAND American Line, lets you order the Dinner served in the formal dining rooms as well... yes full courses in your room and/or on the Verannda (balconey) ...

:D

You can order the full dinner menu on RCCL as well. As many courses as you want, but they will all be delivered to your cabin at the same time. So, don't order 3 hot appetizers, a hot soup and entree and then order an ice cream dessert or our ice cream will be more like milk by the time you get to it! :)

Archived