Where does Oasis Dock in San Juan?

We are booked on the Oasis on Jan 5, 2023.  We now have San Juan added as a port stop due to a recent itinerary change.  It is a relatively short day (7AM - 3PM), back on the ship by 2:30PM.  I am wondering where the ship will dock?  I am hoping at the pier in Old San Juan so we can just walk off the ship to the shops and restaurants, but not sure if the Old San Juan per can handle an Oasis Class ship.  🤔

11 hours ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

We are booked on the Oasis on Jan 5, 2023.  We now have San Juan added as a port stop due to a recent itinerary change.  It is a relatively short day (7AM - 3PM), back on the ship by 2:30PM.  I am wondering where the ship will dock?  I am hoping at the pier in Old San Juan so we can just walk off the ship to the shops and restaurants, but not sure if the Old San Juan per can handle an Oasis Class ship.  🤔

Are you still on Navigator 4/27 G? You started the roll call but have not re-visited. :classic_biggrin: We are carrying on without you, wondering about a meet up now. Your input would be appreciated. LOL :classic_smile:

12 hours ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

RCI always day ports at the Old San Juan pier. The only time they use the Pan American pier is for San Juan departures. We were just recently on a B2B Southern Caribbean out of San Juan on Explorer. Enjoy San Juan !!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Are you still on Navigator 4/27 G? You started the roll call but have not re-visited. :classic_biggrin: We are carrying on without you, wondering about a meet up now. Your input would be appreciated. LOL :classic_smile:

No.  We cancelled that, sorry.  I had a total knee replacement instead. 😉

Carry on. 😊

55 minutes ago, Ashland said:

RCI always day ports at the Old San Juan pier. The only time they use the Pan American pier is for San Juan departures. We were just recently on a B2B Southern Caribbean out of San Juan on Explorer. Enjoy San Juan !!!

That is what I thought.  I just wanted to make sure that pier could handle an Oasis Class ship 

Thank you for the response. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sunny AZ Girl said:

No.  We cancelled that, sorry.  I had a total knee replacement instead. 😉

Carry on. 😊

Thank you. Nice to know. I hope your new knee is working out well. I have metal hips. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

It docks right downtown, across the street from the Sheraton Old San Juan hotel. You can walk to the forts and around the downtown area as long as you're mobile and can walk uphill. 

My experience has been that it is better to catch a cab to the fort and then walk back down!  I shop along the way and stop for a bite to eat at one of the many eateries along the way.  But that is me.