Seattle restaurant suggestions

bookbabe

Okay, so I know there’s lots of “best restaurant” threads, however, my call for recommendations is slightly different.

We’re cruising to Alaska in early May, leaving from the Bell St terminal and staying the night before at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront.  Our travel party includes me with a mild finfish allergy, my no-foam-or-fancy-sh!t hubby, and my very-very-stodgy-dining elderly mom.  As an example, her first choice, after previewing all the menus, to use up a specialty dining credit on the cruise (NCL Encore) was American Diner.  Yeah.  They’ll be fine once on the ship, since they can just eat steaks and prime rib all week if they need to, but we have one dinner in Seattle to figure out and no rental car.

So I’m looking for something in that area, or a short Uber away, that has good non-adventurous food in a relatively casual atmosphere.  I’d initially thought of maybe trying Bell St Diner, but it looks like it’s closed.  I found a pub in Belltown, Buckley’s…anyone know if it’s any good?  https://www.buckleyspubs.com

Any other suggestions of where I can feed people pre-cruise?

9 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

Any other suggestions of where I can feed people pre-cruise?

If you want something straight diner, my personal fave around there is the 5 Point Cafe. Classic American fare and a decent bar. Short Uber ride. 

If you want to stay in the meat and potatoes lane but go more upscale its hard to beat Metropolitan Grill. Its fine dining but like anything nowadays it's reasonably country club casual. Some fantastic steaks. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

If you want something straight diner, my personal fave around there is the 5 Point Cafe. Classic American fare and a decent bar. Short Uber ride. 

If you want to stay in the meat and potatoes lane but go more upscale its hard to beat Metropolitan Grill. Its fine dining but like anything nowadays it's reasonably country club casual. Some fantastic steaks. 

Thanks.  No fine dining or anything close.  Looking for diner, sports bar, family restaurant, pub, etc.  could maybe go Italian if it was Olive Garden lowbrow style as opposed to upscale. 😉. I’ll check out the 5 Point menu and see if there’s anything I think they would eat.

Edit…5 Point looks perfect.  I assume the food is good?  Would we need reservations for a Saturday night early-ish dinner?

Edited by bookbabe

We go to lunch at Buckley’s in Belltown 3-4 times per month.  We were surprised how good the food was at this sports bar. It’s more of a neighborhood bar frequented by many locals. The Thai Sesame Ribs are very good. Although I mention it every now and then, I’m surprised you found it! Really a hidden gem.  You’ll head north a block to the elevator across from the cruise terminal, up Bell St and then down 2nd Ave a short ways, less then ½ mile or, a very short Uber ride. It makes a better lunch place as if there is a game on a Saturday night it will be packed. Buckley’s and Some Random Bar, in Belltown, have consistently good food and far ahead of the 5 Point, in our book.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bookbabe said:

Edit…5 Point looks perfect.  I assume the food is good?  Would we need reservations for a Saturday night early-ish dinner?

The food is quite good, the drinks are strong, and the atmosphere is fun and a little funky. 

I'm honestly not sure if they are taking reservations. We live part of the year in Seattle but haven't been back for a few months. When I was there last it was a walk up, first come/first served. The wait was never too long. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Have you considered a restaurant at Pike Place Market?  Lots of varieties of cuisine with "Seattle" atmosphere.  

Hadn’t planned on visiting there with my mom, since she’s a bit mobility challenged.  Walking for any length of time isn’t possible, really.  And she lives just outside of Victoria, so has been to Seattle before so I’m not hugely worried about showing her the sights.  Think we are going with 5 Points, since the menu looks perfect and it’s still got some ‘atmosphere’ that will make it a bit different for hubby and I.  Thanks for the suggestion, though.  We may eat lunch there before she arrives.

• Like 1