Shows Post Covid

Since Covid, My DH and I have been on the SOS, and we are going to sail the AOS at the end of May.  On SOS we were able to see Hairspray, but Flight was not offered.  Cruises, pre-covid, there usually has been two production shows, two different skating shows, and if I remember correctly some ships had two different diving shows.  I am hoping they bring back the full entertainment schedule for my May cruise.  Has anyone heard anything about bringing all the shows back?  Or is this the new normal?

1 hour ago, Maddycakes said:

Has anyone heard anything about bringing all the shows back?  Or is this the new normal?

RCI plans to reinstate shows as staff and conditions allow - that is a ship, date and situation dependent. 

• Like 1

I cannot speak to all the shows, but we are on Symphony currently and during the “backstage” entertainment “up close and personal” the entertainment director said that the production of Hairspray would restart in mid May 2022 (although just prior to saying that he also threw out the date May 30?!). In addition, he confirmed the info that we were given a couple of months ago from our TA who was onboard and that is that some essential actors had become ill during the voyage. Due to contractual obligations not just anyone is allowed to fill those slots (and with hairspray there are some very specific personnel types required, even more so than in other shows). As the world was dealing with a pandemic and some of the personnel were having to come in from different parts of the globe all with unique different requirements the lag time was much longer than usual.