Royal Caribbean virgin

Hi everyone.

I am needing some help and tips for our First Royal cruise. Symphony of the Seas. July this year. We have cruised other lines, Seabourn, Silverseas, Celebrity etc.

I have two rooms booked. Owner suite for myself and Husband. Boardwalk Verandah for my nephews.

I have called RC a couple times to find out more about the perks of being in the suite but can’t really get clear info, then today they said no drinks at all included with Owners suite?

So, I guess I am looking for others opinions, advice on what to expect. Dropping what I call a decent amount of money on a suite but no perks included. They didn’t even know if there was a concierge service or a butler for the suite. Beginning to wonder what I am paying for.

‘Also my nephews are in a regular room ( Not suite) so wondering how it will work being that we want to eat with them and board together etc. 

Is there a suite only sun deck? Can I get my nephews passes for this being they are linked to my reservation?

Can my nephews dine in Coastal Kitchen as our guests if I pay a cover charge?
Whats the best way to get a drinks package if there is nothing included?

My nephew is 20. He’s a UK citizen. Am I right in thinking he can drink alcohol aboard once in international waters?

Any advice welcome - we can’t be the only people who booked different categories of rooms.

Also are tips included?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Sarahjane001 said:

Hi everyone.

I am needing some help and tips for our First Royal cruise. Symphony of the Seas. July this year. We have cruised other lines, Seabourn, Silverseas, Celebrity etc.

I have two rooms booked. Owner suite for myself and Husband. Boardwalk Verandah for my nephews.

I have called RC a couple times to find out more about the perks of being in the suite but can’t really get clear info, then today they said no drinks at all included with Owners suite?

So, I guess I am looking for others opinions, advice on what to expect. Dropping what I call a decent amount of money on a suite but no perks included. They didn’t even know if there was a concierge service or a butler for the suite. Beginning to wonder what I am paying for.

‘Also my nephews are in a regular room ( Not suite) so wondering how it will work being that we want to eat with them and board together etc. 

Is there a suite only sun deck? Can I get my nephews passes for this being they are linked to my reservation?

My nephew is 20. He’s a UK citizen. Am I right in thinking he can drink alcohol aboard once in international waters?

Any advice welcome - we can’t be the only people who booked different categories of rooms.

Also are tips included?

Thanks

Since you mentioned CK  and boardwalk balcony that narrows it down to Oasis class.

You will be able to get free beer and wine from 11 am in the suite lounge and mixed drinks during happy hour roughly 5 to 8:30.  Your nephew will not be allowed to join you there.

Only guests in the suite have access to CK.  You may be allowed to have them join you once (as an exception) but that would be it.  You cannot pay a cover charge.

You may get away with sneaking them up to the sun deck.

You will get free internet for each guest in the Owners suite.

Your nephew will not be allowed to drink as it goes by port of sailing not by guests home countries age policies

Gratuities are not included.  $17.50 per person per day for suites and $14.50pppd for non suites

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

The only viable solution I can see is to change the nephews' booking to the same suite level as you. Not familiar with the suites on this ship but is there one with two guest rooms that would accommodate all of you?

2 hours ago, Sarahjane001 said:

Hi everyone.

Also are tips included?

Thanks

We love the suites. And we love Symphony. But as  @Ourusualbeachstated there is not a free drink package with it (there is with the much higher priced star suites however where you could have multiple bedrooms for the entire family). With sky suites, you get free mixed drinks during the happy hours of 5-8pm and beer/wine/water/soda between 11am and 11 pm (coffee 25/7).  I guess it depends on how much you need to drink and of what type of alcohol (for us this is fine). You also get typically a very good concierge service, but not a Butler (although  having had those on other cruise ships I have to say I didn’t say anything special about the butler service). In addition with a full suite you get free Wi-Fi, priority entry and exit from the ship (it particularly makes getting off a LOT faster and easier). But keep in mind that for the size suite you are getting for the price on Royal, you just cannot expect to get what you got at the higher cost of the other lines that you mentioned (where you pay much more for a smaller suite in general).

You definitely cannot bring in family members and other suites to join you in the suite lounge or the coastal kitchen. You can imagine that if everyone did this it would quickly be overcrowded snd those people who paid the much higher suite price would not be happy (nor would you be if you had no space due to people bringing their adult children, neighbors, etc for the price of one suite). You are correct, there are many people come on board with family in non-suites, which again is why it is untenable to assume those people will be able to piggy back off another family member’s suite benefits. The only option is to have them get a full or star suite. Symphony has lots of 2+ bedroom options.