U.K. Guests - downgrading your booking?

joeecco

Hi all

can anyone advise if you are allowed to downgrade your cabin to lower the cost of the cruise? 

if so, do they do this based on the current live prices or based on what the new cabin price would have been when you booked originally? 

is there a way to do this online? 
thank you 

5 hours ago, joeecco said:

Hi all

can anyone advise if you are allowed to downgrade your cabin to lower the cost of the cruise? 

if so, do they do this based on the current live prices or based on what the new cabin price would have been when you booked originally? 

thank you 

I think you would need to phone Princess to ask this and like upgrades it would probably depend on the price of the new cabin at the time of booking the present cruise.

9 hours ago, joeecco said:

Hi all

thank you 

I have read on these boards many times, rules for UK guests are different than USA/Canada bookings. I recall UK guests can only make 1 change before final payment and it also comes with a processing/change fee, I think at least 100 pounds per person? 

I have never heard of getting a refare based on the fares in effect when you originally booked. If you were to downgrade to try and lower overall cruise fare, it would be based on the currents fares and keep in mind the additional change fee I believe is applicable for UK bookings.

Hopefully, another UK guest will verify or add additional info.

The admin fee is £100 per cabin in UK.

Think you would need to speak to your travel agent or Princess UK.

Not sure why you would want to downgrade. Live prices may help you grab a better cabin for the same price, but don’t forget the admin fee. Not all Princess agents will give you the same story, so it is worth ringing to ask, then ringing again if they don’t tell you what you want to hear !

Agree with others that the UK fee for a change of fare is £100 per cabin which is added to your bill to be paid later.

I didnt downgrade but i did switch to the new, substantially lower fare and kept the same cabin, overall saving myself about £700 even with the fee. So worth just keeping an eye on the price and you might get it cheaper witjout downgrading.