Beach in Katakolon(Olympia)

calicakes

There are are a couple of spots, including one that is literally steps away from the port entrance. Went there after we got back from Olympia (which was amazing). It was so easy to grab my stuff off the ship, walk through security, and be at the beach in 1-2 minutes walking (I head there are a few other places a few miles away). You can see it from the ship, it’s just in the other side of the sea wall. It wasn’t the best beach ever, but very enjoyable and refreshing on a hot day. 

17 hours ago, jas283a said:

There are are a couple of spots, including one that is literally steps away from the port entrance. Went there after we got back from Olympia (which was amazing). It was so easy to grab my stuff off the ship, walk through security, and be at the beach in 1-2 minutes walking (I head there are a few other places a few miles away). You can see it from the ship, it’s just in the other side of the sea wall. It wasn’t the best beach ever, but very enjoyable and refreshing on a hot day. 

We're also looking for a place to have lunch, which is why I was wondering about other beaches. 

On 4/28/2022 at 4:20 AM, jas283a said:

When we got back from Olympia, we tried the long beach on the town side of the harbour (ie turn right out of the harbour)..

Deserted, no beach bars or other facilities.

Went in for a swim.

Portuguese men-of-war.

We got out in a hurry 😮

I'm guessing that the beach mentioned by jas as being the other side of the sea wall is on the left as you exit the port.

Googlemaps isn't very helpful, but there's certainly a beach-bar.

Beach looks rather small - but better than sharing with Portuguese men-of-war 😄

https://goo.gl/maps/evhfyP3o7o9bVCKF6

JB 🙂

We’ve twice visited a beach about ten minutes away.  Once by taxi and once by the tourist train.    It’s on the other side of the peninsula. It was lovely.  There is a nicer beach, Maratha, about  half an hours drive north.  
We got stung once in St. Lucia, no fun!  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 1