Princess Medallion

33 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks BRANDEE. When we return from our June/July cruise, maybe the info will be in the system for our next cruise. This one doesn't matter much because we have months before that next cruise, but the one after that is only a few weeks later so I want the info in there.

We're in a similar situation with our following cruise in August. If the majority of the info stays on file I'll be happy although I'll have to add passport numbers as it's the Conflict Island cruise.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We're in a similar situation with our following cruise in August. If the majority of the info stays on file I'll be happy although I'll have to add passport numbers as it's the Conflict Island cruise.

If the Medallion expert contacts me, I will let you know what he/she says, that is if it is helpful. 🤣

One of the key things I want to do is choose the embarkation time. If I can only access the Medallion a couple of week before the cruise, there would probably be a limited choice available. We like the earliest boarding time so we can have a leisurely lunch in the dining room.

Edited by Aus Traveller

15 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am sure that check-in will be faster than the old system, but the Medallion app has caused a lot of frustration.

None of us will have our Medallion so the system when we arrive at the terminal will take that into account. We don't have to show COVID test results, just attest that we had a negative test within 24 hours of boarding. We also have to have a certificate that shows we are fully vaccinated (unless the person has claimed exemption).

Trying to get the Medallion app to work was very frustrating and took a few calls and many hours on call waiting.  Even the tech we finally spoke to said it was still a system with many flaws.

I was not a fan of it but after the 20 day cruise..it really wasn't that bad.

I never had my phone on me.. my husband carried his and my SIL did not carry her phone, just my brother. 

We did use it more than I thought we would to order drinks. I always had my paper Patter on me, but my husband used the phone.  We also kept loosing my brother  lol.  We used it to find him.

It did work better the first cruise when less people were on the ship. (when ordering food and drinks) I really think the crew was not ready for the increase of passengers the second cruise..There were many last minute cruisers and not enough crew.

Edited by BRANDEE

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Adding the passport was one of our big problems..the tech did it over the phone with us.  Maybe you should put it in from the beginning so you don't have to worry.

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

If the Medallion expert contacts me, I will let you know what he/she says, that is if it is helpful. 🤣

One of the key things I want to do is choose the embarkation time. If I can only access the Medallion a couple of week before the cruise, there would probably be a limited choice available. We like the earliest boarding time so we can have a leisurely lunch in the dining room.

We could not get the earliest time..it was already gone by time we got the app to work and accept our names.

Just now, BRANDEE said:

We could not get the earliest time..it was already gone by time we got the app to work and accept our names.

All of us on the roll call for 26th June have the earliest time for embarkation but probably most of the pax don't know they can select a time. 😉 That will change.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

All of us on the roll call for 26th June have the earliest time for embarkation but probably most of the pax don't know they can select a time. 😉 That will change.

Even though getting the app to work is a pain in the butt. .The medallion itself is much better than carrying a cruise card, especially since I used the clip on.  Put it on the first think in the morning and never have to look for it until you to to bed.

12 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We don't carry a phone when we are on board but I understand we can order things from screens around the ship.

The only time we used a screen was in the cabin.  You can order from the tv.  Also instead of the phone, if there was a problem (we had a leak) just go on the tv screen and click for crew call..they called immediately.

You have to ask for a paper Patter to be delivered to room every night. 

I wouldn't carry my phone, but my husband  and brother did. They were like kids looking for each other and ordering stuff.

Also, it was better to order a drink in person, you can not specialize it on the app because they don't have a spot to change brands or ask for unusual drinks.

Check your folio every few days to make sure you are not charged for someone else's drinks.  It is easy when the servers are billing you by reading your medallion.

Good Luck getting a tech to help...patience..lol   If there is anything else I can give a heads up..ask away.  Goodnight for now!!

Edited by BRANDEE

We always check our on-board account. We have had several incorrect charges from drinks to a fairly large shop purchase. That was when paper slips were signed and I had to wait while they went through stacks of sales receipts then show then how the signature differed. The fairly common surname on the docket was the same as mine and the first initial, so they apparently decided it was me. Then I had to show them on comparing the signatures how I lifted the pen part way through the surname and the other person hadn't. Eventually they agreed to credit the amount.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

So do we, and that's a very good point. We have 50 days between cruises and the boarding time selection opens up 60 days prior. We'd need to be able to book the boarding time for our second cruise before we leave Sydney for the first cruise. I did notice in the app that when you look at the boarding times it does list all your cruises so maybe it will let me select the second cruise time regardless. 

56 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Adding the passport was one of our big problems..the tech did it over the phone with us.  Maybe you should put it in from the beginning so you don't have to worry.

I can't as Rolf needs to renew his before the second cruise and passport renewals are taking weeks here. We can use our drivers licences for the first cruise. Anyway I didn't have any problems putting the passport numbers in originally nor changing them to drivers licences.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRANDEE said:

The word went out on FB from those people doing the first of the Australian cruises that it was 60 days prior in Princess timeframes. I was expecting it to come up at 7pm our time but it didn't actually happen until later that night. I checked it one last time before going to bed, at 10:30pm, and it was available so I got the earliest time. 😊😊😊

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We always check our on-board account. We have had several incorrect charges from drinks to a fairly large shop purchase. That was when paper slips were signed and I had to wait while they went through stacks of sales receipts then show then how the signature differed. The fairly common surname on the docket was the same as mine and the first initial, so they apparently decided it was me. Then I had to show them on comparing the signatures how I lifted the pen part way through the surname and the other person hadn't. Eventually they agreed to credit the amount.

Once Princess@Sea worked I got in the habit of checking it daily, that way I could easily remember what the previous day's charges were. It was very easy on Princess@Sea so hopefully will be equally easy on the blasted app.

We've had a couple of incorrect charges over the last few years but, yes, it involved going back to the paper slips.

22 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

So do we, and that's a very good point. We have 50 days between cruises and the boarding time selection opens up 60 days prior. We'd need to be able to book the boarding time for our second cruise before we leave Sydney for the first cruise. I did notice in the app that when you look at the boarding times it does list all your cruises so maybe it will let me select the second cruise time regardless. 

True. I did see that. Obviously our January cruise doesn't have embarkation times available.

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Once Princess@Sea worked I got in the habit of checking it daily, that way I could easily remember what the previous day's charges were. It was very easy on Princess@Sea so hopefully will be equally easy on the blasted app.

We've had a couple of incorrect charges over the last few years but, yes, it involved going back to the paper slips.

On one cruise we figured that Peter must have taken all the dancers out for a drink. 🙂 He assures me he didn't.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

On one cruise we figured that Peter must have taken all the dancers out for a drink. 🙂 He assures me he didn't.

🤣🤣🤣

One one cruise where we had a drinks package they charged a bottle of wine to our account. They tried to insist we'd ordered it until I pointed out that since we had the drinks package we would get 40% off the price. They changed their tune after that and took it off our account. It's a pity they reduced the discount to 25%, there is one expensive wine we really like. Never mind, we should have enough OBC to cover it if we decide to indulge.

When we download the Medallion app we had a cruise booked for Dec. I had added some of our information for that. When we booked our June cruise, it was fiddly to add the June cruise to my app, I’m not sure how it happened but it got there a day or so later. Hubby had no problems, his just appeared. We have different brands in mobiles. The info I had already added shifted over to the June cruise.

After reading the comments about driver’s licenses I will have another go at changing my identification. I would rather not take my passport on a QLD cruise. 

For the photos for staff to identify us. I took a plain and boring selfie and uploaded that. Hubby tried taking the phone in the app and it failed repeatedly. I took a photo of him and uploaded it to his profile on my phone. 

I’ve also printed multiple copies of the International vaccine certificate. I’ve put a copy in our passport holder for our Dec cruise. I may have to reprint it if 4th boosters become available for us later in the year. 

56 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

When we download the Medallion app we had a cruise booked for Dec. I had added some of our information for that. When we booked our June cruise, it was fiddly to add the June cruise to my app, I’m not sure how it happened but it got there a day or so later. Hubby had no problems, his just appeared. We have different brands in mobiles. The info I had already added shifted over to the June cruise.

After reading the comments about driver’s licenses I will have another go at changing my identification. I would rather not take my passport on a QLD cruise. 

For the photos for staff to identify us. I took a plain and boring selfie and uploaded that. Hubby tried taking the phone in the app and it failed repeatedly. I took a photo of him and uploaded it to his profile on my phone. 

I’ve also printed multiple copies of the International vaccine certificate. I’ve put a copy in our passport holder for our Dec cruise. I may have to reprint it if 4th boosters become available for us later in the year. 

If you're using International vaccine certificates you must use your passport, not your drivers licence. The domestic vaccination certificate is OK for the QLD cruises along with your drivers licence.

• Like 1

I’ve got 3 bookings in the medallion app and I’m trying to add a 4th booking but it 

doesn’t recognise the details, I even tried the web version and still no good and even deleted and reinstalled the app…….how many bookings can you have in the app

20 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

For the past week or so, the "Try our web version" on the cruise personalizer hasn't been working for me and others are reporting the same issue. I keep getting this error message....Username or password is incorrect.

me too ! and its still showing same.

• Like 1

I GOT IT TO WORK !!!
You know how I haven't been able to get in to the Online version of the "try our web version" of the app, I just got in. TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
I had been trying to access it though Google Chrome, and it kept saying Username or password is incorrect. As soon as I logged in the Princess.com via Microsoft EDGE, then I tried the web version and I got in straight away. And all Green Ticks are there. 

Edited by CDaze71
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rkmw said:

I’ve got 3 bookings in the medallion app and I’m trying to add a 4th booking but it 

doesn’t recognise the details, I even tried the web version and still no good and even deleted and reinstalled the app…….how many bookings can you have in the app

I have had the same problems with it not recognising the booking number, even just for a single booking. After passing it on via chat, they contacted me and said they had found a glitch and they fixed it. Now that i am looking to add another booking, I also have the same problem again where it says something like booking details not found. 

It is very temperamental, but I don't think it is all app related. While the details are clearly visible on the personaliser, something prevents the booking details from transferring to the app. As with the first booking, I expect I will have to contact them to get our recent booking details resolved for the app to recognise it.

Before Princess sorted it last time, I also deleted and re-installed the app with no change. One bit of advice to anyone - deleting and re-installing the app doesn't fix any of these problems.

40 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

I GOT IT TO WORK !!!
You know how I haven't been able to get in to the Online version of the "try our web version" of the app, I just got in. TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
I had been trying to access it though Google Chrome, and it kept saying Username or password is incorrect. As soon as I logged in the Princess.com via Microsoft EDGE, then I tried the web version and I got in straight away. And all Green Ticks are there. 

I have had no probs with the personaliser or the web version of the app with chrome. Maybe check the version though, as chrome has recently updated - I have the latest update

• Like 1

We received email from Princess this morning containing the info we got from the webinar and from our chats on this forum. I accessed a live chat and asked the question that Julie had posed last week - the health questionnaire has to be filled out more than 24 hours before boarding, but the RAT test has to be within 24 hours. The agent confirmed that we can complete the health questionnaire as requested, then add the RAT test results later.

We will fill out the health questionnaire in the morning before the day of departure and do the RAT tests later in the afternoon. That will meet their requirements.

• Like 2