Pierside Covid testing?

pfund

This is our 3rd attempt to reach Alaska too, but assuming the BA strike is apres mois (le deluge) we will be there!x

Re your interesting point re Shenghen, I think if few people are seriously ill they will remove all restrictions as we have done - else every tourist will come to the UK and none to the EU!

11 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

This is what is stated in the European commission website

"EU countries should lift the temporary restriction on non-essential travel to the EU for persons vaccinated with an EU-authorised or a WHO-approved vaccine, provided they have received the last dose of the primary vaccination series at least 14 days and no more than 270 days before arrival or they have received an additional booster dose."

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/travel-during-coronavirus-pandemic_en

So it is only 270 days from the primary vaccination dose at this stage. There is no time limit put on the booster dose.

Thanks for posting. Like the previous site posted, I think this is guidance and not a mandatory requirement. It also seems to be out of date looking at the update records. The clue is using the word "should" and not "must".

I mentioned "I was sure I'd read" regarding the 270 booster "rule". The country I was researching at the time was Croatia, who were the 2nd country (1st was Austria) to introduce this 270 day timescale. At the time it was worrying, as I was just a few days short of reaching that for my 2nd shot. This was from last September and my recollection may not have referenced boosters, but fairly sure it did as my initial thoughts were "so what happens in 9 months after the booster I had booked for the day after I returned from Croatia." My comments are certainly on record in respect of this in the Viking forum, as the Croatia sailing was with them and we also had to navigate the red country Montenegro.

Anyway, I just had a recheck. If I am reading it correctly, to enter Croatia now, you dont need a negative test, nor do you need any proof of vaccine status or records. ie completely open borders in respect of COVID ...  Which certainly overrules that "guidance" site and suggests the "guidance" is for countries to use if they wish and it seems they chose what they do and don't. And they wonder why people, travel agents etc are confused

Just wished it was simple, but it seems to be a quagmire of interpretations.

30 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

This is our 3rd attempt to reach Alaska too, but assuming the BA strike is apres mois (le deluge) we will be there!x

Re your interesting point re Shenghen, I think if few people are seriously ill they will remove all restrictions as we have done - else every tourist will come to the UK and none to the EU!

We lead..... They will follow....

I wonder if China still require a 30 day quarantine to enter?

I can remember leading up to Panama, there was no chance of us sailing. I think the 8 red countries had reduced to 4, plus the US at the time was still closed. Then, bang, everything was clear. OK, South America were paranoid about having these negative tested and double or treble vaccinated guests come visit, but that's another story. Just don't step of the bus in ecuador! lol

Progress is and has been made, but judging by the number of cases of Covid on the cruise I was on last week, us people posting they were now positive a day after getting back home, it's clearly the reason why things have not just been lifted. That said, I think all those cases, no one had more than a mild sniffle.

6 hours ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Hi les37b  I was worried re the 270 days rule too - we are going on a Christmas Market river cruise this autumn, but our Tauck rep assures me it just means if you are more than 270 days from the original pair of jabs (Spring 2021) then you need to have had a 3rd jab - which we did in autumn 2021. Hopefully!

If there are no more dangerous variants (as opposed to the ones which gives you a slight cold) then I think the UK will stop vaccinations, not to mention tests. So will cruise lines ban all UK people? Hopefully not.

I also hope there are no more dangerous variants but the current ones can be “mild” or asymptomatic if you’ve been vaccinated.  Also, the “mild” symptoms means up to anything not serious enough to require hospitalization and can be far worse than a slight cold.  My vaxed and boosted husband contracted Covid on a river cruise in April and he was miserable with full-on flu-like symptoms for 10 days…fever, aches severe cough, congestion.  Not a slight cold at all.   Being vaccinated only helps to avoid serious life-threatening consequences - it doesn’t seem to be all that helpful in preventing illness so I am hopeful that CL’s will continue to require testing before boarding no matter who pays for it or who conducts the test.  Masking doesn’t hurt either but thats’s another conversation…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frantic36 said:

This is what is stated in the European commission website

"EU countries should lift the temporary restriction on non-essential travel to the EU for persons vaccinated with an EU-authorised or a WHO-approved vaccine, provided they have received the last dose of the primary vaccination series at least 14 days and no more than 270 days before arrival or they have received an additional booster dose."

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/travel-during-coronavirus-pandemic_en

So it is only 270 days from the primary vaccination dose at this stage. There is no time limit put on the booster dose.

That was certainly how staff at the dock interpret it. I am more than 270 days from dose 2 but had a booster in November 21 and that's what they counted

I am really enjoying my voyage on the Whisper,  but when invited to book my next voyage onboard, told Silversea staff that until all the rubbish goes, I shan't be doing so. This is the first cruise in over 20 years where I haven't booked the next.

21 hours ago, Clodia said:

That was certainly how staff at the dock interpret it. I am more than 270 days from dose 2 but had a booster in November 21 and that's what they counted

I am really enjoying my voyage on the Whisper,  but when invited to book my next voyage onboard, told Silversea staff that until all the rubbish goes, I shan't be doing so. This is the first cruise in over 20 years where I haven't booked the next.

I too had my booster in November 21 however by our cruise in September I will be over the 270 days from it so not sure how I get counted!      If it is by the 2nd dose of the vaccine I would think that most people are over the 270 days.     All so confusing and I'm making myself ill stressing over it.     I wish we'd cancelled when we could or were allowed to have a second booster!      Not a problem for my husband he is over 75.