Pierside Covid testing?

pfund

2 minutes ago, turnip eater said:

Finally got tests booked at Boots locally. As husband says ‘What a palaver’

Took the best part of an hour.

Thanks for that, although we live in Cyprus we fly back to the UK next Saturday, I take it you booked an antigen test on line? 

Just now, fudge said:

Thanks for that, although we live in Cyprus we fly back to the UK next Saturday, I take it you booked an antigen test on line? 

Yes we did. It did say an antigen test on the Silversea email, but I still worry that they’ll change their requirements.😳

Just now, turnip eater said:

Yes we did. It did say an antigen test on the Silversea email, but I still worry that they’ll change their requirements.😳

Thanks, will buy you a champagne when on board. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, turnip eater said:

Friday morning from London Heathrow. It’s a Silversea booked flight. Hopefully no problems, but Silversea should wait for us. 

Silversea originally had booked me through Heathrow to Venice on the day of departure - possibly the same flight as you.  Hope your travels go smoothly - and that those traveling on the cruise departing on the 17th leave some champagne for us! 🍾

One reason we booked this cruise was the business class flights from the UK, (Manchester) would you believe we have had three flight changes, we now fly Air France to Venice (hopefully) on the same day of departure.

We are told that SS will meet and greet us at the airport and take us to the cruise terminal however, we always like a back up plan. In the event that SS do not appear can anyone please tell me how to get from the airport to the cruise terminal, any replies would be appreciated.

After three years of not cruising why am I so nervous about this cruise? It will be great to be back with SS so looking forward to it hope we are not disappointed. Two more cruises booked this year, one with Seabourn and one with Regent, this cruise with SS is a new ship for us. 

We are flying from London Heathrow to Venice on BA on the day of the cruise. We are due to be collected to be taken to the Cruise terminal for check in then by bus to Fusina. So you should be OK.

IFfffffffff Silversea aren’t there, I believe they will be, then go by water taxi, expensive but an experience, to the cruise terminal. There should be someone there to take you to Fusina. 
Is the Air France flight from Manchester direct or via Paris?

Our friends are flying from Manchester to Munich on Lufthansa then on to Venice. 
An adventure!

8 hours ago, turnip eater said:

We are flying from London Heathrow to Venice on BA on the day of the cruise. We are due to be collected to be taken to the Cruise terminal for check in then by bus to Fusina. So you should be OK.

IFfffffffff Silversea aren’t there, I believe they will be, then go by water taxi, expensive but an experience, to the cruise terminal. There should be someone there to take you to Fusina. 
Is the Air France flight from Manchester direct or via Paris?

Our friends are flying from Manchester to Munich on Lufthansa then on to Venice. 
An adventure!

Thanks for that. We fly via France. Sorry, I am a bit confused, so the ship is not at the cruise terminal? So we go to the cruise terminal from the airport then get bussed to Fusina where the ship is? Is there a name for the cruise terminal please?

Edited by fudge

Marittima Cruise Terminal. That's the terminal with the facilities but Venice has banned cruise ships so they are no longer docked there.

You can get to Piazzale Roma from the airport by express bus or land taxi (or water taxi but that's very, very expensive), then there's a people mover to Marittima. (It's close, I usually walk but most people don't).

I believe you do luggage and check in there, then you get bussed to Fusina where there are no facilities, just a dock.

The first SS Venice embarkation of this season was only yesterday, I'm hoping pax with actual experience will update us?

5 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

Marittima Cruise Terminal. That's the terminal with the facilities but Venice has banned cruise ships so they are no longer docked there.

You can get to Piazzale Roma from the airport by express bus or land taxi (or water taxi but that's very, very expensive), then there's a people mover to Marittima. (It's close, I usually walk but most people don't).

I believe you do luggage and check in there, then you get bussed to Fusina where there are no facilities, just a dock.

The first SS Venice embarkation of this season was only yesterday, I'm hoping pax with actual experience will update us?

Thank you so much for the information, I dont usually worry about this stuff normally but always like a back up plan which I now have thanks to you. I feel fairly certain a rep from SS will be at the airport but in these uncertain times you never know? Hope to bump into other Cruise Critic members for a chat and a drink.

2 hours ago, fudge said:

Thanks for that. We fly via France. Sorry, I am a bit confused, so the ship is not at the cruise terminal? So we go to the cruise terminal from the airport then get bussed to Fusina where the ship is? Is there a name for the cruise terminal please?

The ship will be docked about 25mins bus ride from the cruise terminal. There are no facilities for checking in at Fusina, so hopefully nothing goes missing after checking in. Fusina sounds like a commercial dock yard.

It’s a pity that we won’t have the lovely sail away from Venice.

Have you joined the roll call? It’s not very active.

42 minutes ago, turnip eater said:

The ship will be docked about 25mins bus ride from the cruise terminal. There are no facilities for checking in at Fusina, so hopefully nothing goes missing after checking in. Fusina sounds like a commercial dock yard.

It’s a pity that we won’t have the lovely sail away from Venice.

Have you joined the roll call? It’s not very active.

Thanks, just made a post on there, you are right it is very quiet.

Got my email re testing yesterday; sailing on 24th. For up to date vaccinated guests (  2 doses plus booster) it said antigen OR PCR within 72 hours. Got a PCR booked for 2 days before sailing so only keeping the antigen proctored one as a back up now. PCR more straightforward as the Pharmacy are doing it, whereas the proctored one would have to be done online and in a hotel, as I'm now going to have to travel to Edinburgh a day earlier because of the train strikes.

I suppose ticket information will follow?

On 6/10/2022 at 5:36 PM, Lois R said:

Thank you for this update. It is appreciated!🙂 What port are you sailing from?

On 6/10/2022 at 5:39 PM, NeilP57 said:

Many thanks for the information, that’s so kind of you to post so promptly.

Perhaps turning up later (maybe 3pm) would be preferable. I may try and get a COVID test done in Venice late afternoon the day before. 

Was there any suggestion that this would have speeded up things by much? 

I am also trying to find out what happens at the end of the trip, does everybody get bussed back from Fusina to the cruise terminal or can go by taxi/coach from Fusina to the airport. Any thoughts, but maybe I will need to wait until your disembarkation instructions. 

As  @NeilP57  said I sailed out of Venice on June 10th. 

My trip ends in Rome but I would guess if your cruise ends in Fusina you’d get bussed back to the Venice cruise terminal at Marittima. There aren’t any passenger facilities at Fusina. 

Well, all my cruise documents arrived today........the ticket and hotel, etc in one email and the other was all about testing policies, etc.......For those of you staying in your own hotels, the email specifically states they will NOT be providing Pier side testing.  

But in the next section it says, "For guests participating in a Pre-or Post Land Programme, Silversea will necessary testing if required."  I guess that means if you are staying at one of their properties pre-cruise?   I will contact my SS rep to re-confirm and that I don't have to do my own test.  I am booked through SS for hotel and transfers.

What happened to the continuation of pier side testing through June 30th? 

We are 12 days out of sailing, nothing from SS?  I just booked a PCR test for both of us two days before we sail, no idea what is going on? I am sure SS said they would test pier side until 30th June, what happened there?

Its all very confusing, very nervous about this cruise all sorts can go wrong, you have to say to your self is it all worth it? I guess it is in the end.

3 minutes ago, fudge said:

We are 12 days out of sailing, nothing from SS?  I just booked a PCR test for both of us two days before we sail, no idea what is going on? I am sure SS said they would test pier side until 30th June, what happened there?

Its all very confusing, very nervous about this cruise all sorts can go wrong, you have to say to your self is it all worth it? I guess it is in the end.

I am sailing in 15 days and just got my information. I am surprised you have not received anything.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Well, all my cruise documents arrived today........the ticket and hotel, etc in one email and the other was all about testing policies, etc.......For those of you staying in your own hotels, the email specifically states they will NOT be providing Pier side testing.  

But in the next section it says, "For guests participating in a Pre-or Post Land Programme, Silversea will necessary testing if required."  I guess that means if you are staying at one of their properties pre-cruise?   I will contact my SS rep to re-confirm and that I don't have to do my own test.  I am booked through SS for hotel and transfers.

What happened to the continuation of pier side testing through June 30th? 

I meant to say SS will "provide" necessary testing if required. I left out that word in error and it was too late to edit.

2 hours ago, fudge said:

For our May 25 Barcelona embarkation we received our documents 12 days out of sailing. The document provided at the ss hotel made it very clear that ss would provide pierside rapid testing until June 30 but stated that if  you want to to embark more quickly, obtain a test  before arriving at the pier.  Rapid testing at a pharmacy recommended by the hotel was €30 each x the 6 people in our party.  Not sure if the hotel takes a cut. LOL. We opted to wait until the pier.  It was very quick and efficient.  A woman had an iPad and walked around calling out names and waved us towards the door to complete check-in after testing negative. Easy peasy.  The other people waiting with us were from the hotel transfer so I am not certain if testing was only for those with pre-cruise ss hotels.

48 minutes ago, Capri73 said:

Hi Lois. What cruise are you on? Our documents said no pre testing from SS.We are staying at one of their hotels.

I wish they would be more consistent with this testing issue.

Thanks

Hi, going on June 27th Dawn out of Barcelona for 11 nights.

3 minutes ago, Capri73 said:

Thanks maybe they are doing testing for Europe. We are going to Alaska.

Ohhh.......you know you have to fill out ArriveCan for your cruise. I am going to Alaska in August.

Doing the land trip pre-cruise to Denali so the cruise line will have to do my test for that cruise.