Randex LFT

Kittyonions

NHS tests at home are merely to see if you are positive or not. They do not involve scanning your passport and result and uploading the scans. Totally different and well worth doing a test run to put your mind at rest before the real thing. If you are paying thousands for a cruise, a few pounds spent on a spare test is insignificant.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

NHS tests at home are merely to see if you are positive or not. They do not involve scanning your passport and result and uploading the scans. Totally different and well worth doing a test run to put your mind at rest before the real thing. If you are paying thousands for a cruise, a few pounds spent on a spare test is insignificant.

This is exactly my feeling. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruise saint said:

Never thought of that actually 😅. Imagine being put straight by a Yorkshireman,  my Halifax born best mate will love it😂😂

Or you could set off later, we have a shorter journey but usually aim to arrive at the PI Southampton airport between 6-7pm.

32 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

But you can do the 'groundwork' beforehand and set up your account and then it is exactly the same.  I used to enter my results and scan the code into the NHS system.

I have absolutely no problem with anyone doing a trial run and was just trying to put over how simple the Randox system is and if you could test using the NHS system there is no difference using the Randox one.  If you're happy to buy two tests to do one job then that is up to you - I'd rather spend the £11 on a couple of cocktails 😉 🍸

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Or you could set off later, we have a shorter journey but usually aim to arrive at the PI Southampton airport between 6-7pm.

We could, but I'm an early riser and no good at napping.  I like to get the driving done early in the day, before I become (dangerously) tired.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waju said:

But you can do the 'groundwork' beforehand and set up your account and then it is exactly the same.  I used to enter my results and scan the code into the NHS system.

I have absolutely no problem with anyone doing a trial run and was just trying to put over how simple the Randox system is and if you could test using the NHS system there is no difference using the Randox one.  If you're happy to buy two tests to do one job then that is up to you - I'd rather spend the £11 on a couple of cocktails 😉 🍸

We still have a couple of NHS packs. We do one when we go to family gatherings and will do one pre ' proper test ' precruise. We don't bother for flights or UK breaks. anymore

flights any more.

If you are not sure of the reliability of the Randox system (some bad reviews), get Boots' ones (go onto their website) instead for about £15 a test - I have trialed that to make sure the certificate ws issued in good time etc and it worked fine.

I am nervous of the technology and not a natural smart phone user but I worked through the instructions without an issue (although incredibly slowly).

Even so I am buying more than the two tests we need for July as we have another cruise booked later this year. This gives us 4 tests to get 2 right in July, if you see what I mean. I don't mean positive or negative - I mean in case I mess up the technology somehow!

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2022 at 4:15 AM, JDB78 said:

Good idea, although what happens if you test positive 😬. Is anyone going to get someone else to do their test for them and pass it off as their own 🤔

Must admit I have done a test run with the Randox test. The point is that being able to get on board hinges on you sending a photo of a test then waiting for someone to review the photo and email you a certificate. What happens if the certificate hadn't have come through for 24 hours or not at all. I certainly was a bit apprehensive about relying on an app to go on a holiday that I've been waiting for, for 4 years now 😭. Having done the test run however I do feel a lot more confident as my certificate came through very quickly. Just hope the system holds up when potentially thousands of people are all requesting certificates at the same time.

Anyone know what time you can do your test from? I know they say 24 hours - 3-4pm onwards? Think the working hours of Randox is up to about 8pm? Certainly would be a bit of an uncomfortable wait sending off the test and then not getting the certificate by they close for the evening

Randox testing is 24/7 including bank holidays so you can do it any time on the day before.

• Like 1