Grand Princess updates?

DougH

14 hours ago, Wanderers2 said:

Sorry that should say Wine List 🤪

Wine list and menu's have been posted on another board seek and ye shall find.

As to wine. The offers are slim unless you like the basics ie Cabernet, Merlot or Chardonnay. It seems the only place to have a decent wine is at Vines and thank you Ronnie. I am at the point of drinking Beer at dinner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cheese please said:

Wine list and menu's have been posted on another board seek and ye shall find.

As to wine. The offers are slim unless you like the basics ie Cabernet, Merlot or Chardonnay. It seems the only place to have a decent wine is at Vines and thank you Ronnie. I am at the point of drinking Beer at dinner.

I did a search for the wine list on the grand princess main dining room but to no avail. I will keep looking.  

As I understand it you could order a wine from Vines on the app while in the MDR & they would deliver. Is that not correct?

On 5/13/2022 at 2:18 PM, westcoaster said:

I'm on the Grand Princess right now.  The ship seems in very good shape.  There are lots of areas with new carpeting and new furniture, but I haven't noticed any significant changes made during the drydock.

The internet can be a bit slow at times, but it's generally quite good.

There are currently 1465 passengers on board, so no crowding.

If you have time can you please ask what the expected occupancy is for the 5/25/22 cruise?  Thank you!  

Grand Princess got the O3b satellite internet upgrade when it got Medallion-ized.  In general, it's a heck of a lot better than the older geosynchronous high earth orbit systems.  Between CA and MX it was reliably 1.5-2Mb/s.

The O3B constellation concentrates their most effective coverage at mid-latitudes covering most of north and south America , EMIA (and Carribean, natch).  It's less spiffy at higher northern latitudes (think 49N and above... basically Vancouver north).

O3b is going to be launching their 2nd gen mPOWER satellites starting next month (adding 11 more to the constellation).  Good news for cruisers.  Same footprint though: 50N to 50S.

Edited by mk-ultra

Vine wines are not on the app. 

No testing on turn around.

WIFI is slow to non existent in the Fjords but it does not matter you should be looking at the view. 

Freezing cold in the Horizon Court. If they are going here when it is this chilly then they need to fix this.

Anyone have any idea if they fixed the thermostat in the Window  Suite F305.   Nice cabin but it was freezing and no way to adjust it.   Pity anyone  in the cabin  cruising Alaska.  LOL

41 minutes ago, cheese please said:

WIFI is slow to non existent in the Fjords but it does not matter you should be looking at the view. 

Freezing cold in the Horizon Court. If they are going here when it is this chilly then they need to fix this.

Thanks for the testing report.

4 hours ago, cheese please said:

Thank you for that info. 

Still haven't been able to find the MDR wine lists can you point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Edited by Wanderers2