Sport Clip for Medallion

Gramma of Boys

Has anyone used the "Sport Clip" for the Princess medallion?  We just got ours yesterday and I'm a little concerned about using it.  The medallion pops out the front really easily and I'm afraid I'd lose it.  Any experience with this?

Sport Clip.PNG

20 minutes ago, Gramma of Boys said:

Has anyone used the "Sport Clip" for the Princess medallion?  We just got ours yesterday and I'm a little concerned about using it.  The medallion pops out the front really easily and I'm afraid I'd lose it.  Any experience with this?

Sport Clip.PNG

no experience with that one, but we ordered these off Amazon - worked very well

EverAct Clip Holder Compatible with Fitbit Zip (Set of 4)

1 hour ago, hubcruiser said:

Have used the clip for three cruises now. When the medallion is placed correctly in the clip it will stay put. I've no problems.

What are we doing wrong?  DH and I both worked on it last night and couldn't get it to stay in.  It doesn't snap in tightly like it does in the holder for the lanyard that we also got. 

Rotate it around until the magnets are fully engaged. When I first put mine in the medallion seem to easily flip forward and backward. But once you rotate a little until the  magnets are fully engaged it’s very secure. I’ve used it on to Cruises

58 minutes ago, GoDucksNation said:

Rotate it around until the magnets are fully engaged. When I first put mine in the medallion seem to easily flip forward and backward. But once you rotate a little until the  magnets are fully engaged it’s very secure.

I'll try that.  Thank you!

Is this the medallion holder that you receive as the "free" one?
For those of you who just used this free holder, did it hold in OK, or did you find the medallion fell out?

Just debating whether I need to purchase another holder (airTag), or if this free one would be OK. I plan on using my own sparkly rhinestone lanyards (see pic) with a holder. Thanks.

Medallion Holder 1.jpg

Medallion Holder 3.jpg

Rhinestone Lanyards.jpg

16 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Is this the medallion holder that you receive as the "free" one?

Yes. I got this pretty one from Amazon for mine. I covered the mustard ‘gold’ emblem with some washi tape. I really love how it looks now. I think almost all AirTag holders will work with the medallions…..at least all of the ones I’ve gotten have. 

72F8728B-3CDC-4EE8-9471-D56A3FB88590.jpeg

1DB75D83-81CC-4BF8-922C-58E1779B08A9.jpeg

E229E065-F820-413B-B70A-9705D9C8F57B.jpeg

F98E3248-B2FE-4491-B6EF-962C0E2BE415.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gramma of Boys said:

They definitely could have used a more attractive cold color, that's for sure.

Yeah. If I had been paying more attention, I might’ve paid the five bucks to customize it. 🙂 But then again, I have scads of washi tape so maybe not. I’ll be Ruby after this cruise and that’s a better color. 

I broke down and bought a Brighton Lanyard after many years of using the lanyards with the rhinestones that always fall off.   It wasn't exactly cheap, but neither is my cruise 🙂.    I've used it on 6 cruises and I love it!   My mom bought one on eBay for a lot less than I got mine for at Brighton.

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 1.47.24 PM.png

On 5/13/2022 at 9:24 AM, Gramma of Boys said:

Sport Clip.PNG

I bought the exact one in 2017 and used it the whole cruise with no issues. If you put the medallion in from the back and can push it easily all the way through then I'd exchange it for a new one on board. I don't know if the new medallions have the little line on each side, if they still do, they line up with little hard to see lines on the back of the holder, for the magnets to work best 🙂