Move Up Bid - Royal Suite!!

sillypuppy

On 5/14/2022 at 2:18 PM, Fly and Sail said:

Plusgrade (the company that runs the bidding) is doing the technical side of the upgrade including collecting payment. It doesn't bump people into ultra premium suites such as Penthouse, Villa or Iconic without prior human authorization. By the time you get the email and can look up your new stateroom number this has already been done in the background. And yes, it's a fact based on first hand knowledge.

I find this information from months ago interesting. 
I wonder if someone booked a category guarantee and have an assigned cabin months before sailing, they can get bumped up to a higher category during the move up process closer to the sailing date for free. 

On 5/13/2022 at 6:28 PM, sillypuppy said:

We got accepted for our move up bid today for our Edge cruise leaving May 21!  To our surprise, we received a Royal Suite - not the category we bid on!!  What do we get with this Suite?  I am not familiar with the suite perks and they may be different in a bid upgrade scenario?  Our friends are travelling with us and are in an Infinity Veranda cabin. Can they join us in any of the perks of the suite we have?

how much did you bid?

3 hours ago, wineoclock said:

I’ve looked thank you. For example if I’m in a CS & bid for PS I don’t get additional benefits eg liquor set up, laundry? I’ll make sure to look closer to my cruise:)))

No @wineoclockyou are in fact wrong The unlimited speciality dining, premium beverage, wifi, unlimited laundry, bar set up etc are a part of the suite for upper suites so you always get these in an RS or PH regardless of how you got there be it move up, free upgrade or actual booking.

I can say this from recent experience. Since the pandemic we have booked dirrectly in to PHs and RSs but also had a couple of succesfull moveups from CS to RS

Edited by groryjm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, groryjm said:

No @wineoclockyou are in fact wrong The unlimited speciality dining, premium beverage, wifi, unlimited laundry, bar set up etc are a part of the suite for upper suites so you always get these in an RS or PH regardless of how you got there be it move up, free upgrade or actual booking.

I can say this from recent experience. Since the pandemic we have booked dirrectly in to PHs and RSs but also had a couple of succesfull moveups from CS to RS

I agree with maybe the exception of premium beverage package/WIFI.   I know it used to be this way pre-pandemic as I would often book a RS with resident/senior discounts that didn't include perks as the Bev/Wifi were included with the suite.   Since the pandemic I've read several times that these 2 items are not included in the event of a MoveUp to the premium suites.  There was also a suite amenity chart posted that had a statement to this effect.

Of course if you were doing a MoveUp from a CS to RS then in all probability you already had these 2 perks included as part of your Retreat booking.

As stated rest of the RS amenities are provided even if a MoveUp.

• Thanks 1

Thank you 

we are indeed in a CS as couldn’t justify PH this time as not a special occasion- we have indeed been spoilt before as usually always have PH or equivalent. I’m sure CS is perfectly good for our needs! But a bid if possible is to hard to resist:)) As I’m limited mobility I can’t bid for an EV which is a shame. 

4 hours ago, groryjm said:

Correct we went from sky suite to penthouse on Edge and received all perks, specialty restaurants, etc.