Would you switch?

54Carol

Have a rear aft cabin on deck 7 of the Noordam for an Alaskan cruise.  I have read a lot that says this is a great cabin for enjoying the beautiful Alaskan landscape.  If the opportunity for an upgrade to a Signature Suite is offered for a reasonable price, would you take the upgrade (even though the cabin would be on the sides of ship) or stay in the aft cabin.

We were offered an upsell from our aft cabin to a Signature Suite on the Zuiderdam. It was a 35 day cruise. We kept the aft cabin and were so very glad we did. Not only are the views spectacular but there is very little or no wind on the balcony. We spent a lot of time out there. It was heaven. 
Enjoy Alaska!

• Like 4

A Neptune maybe.  But we don't need the extra space in the Signature.   I considered a similar deal on Princess, but we're really looking forward to the aft cabin, we've never had one and think it'll be fantastic for Alaska.

• Like 3

We upgraded to a Neptune Suite for $300 a person and it was the best choice we've ever made. Free laundry and dry cleaning, Neptune lounge for premium coffee close by in the mornings, snacks all day close by without hundreds of people coughing on them, excellent service in Club Orange (Koningsdam) and we had an amazing view both ways. We saw porpoises, orcas, grey whales, mountains goats, etc. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HatRez said:

We upgraded to a Neptune Suite for $300 a person and it was the best choice we've ever made. Free laundry and dry cleaning, Neptune lounge for premium coffee close by in the mornings, snacks all day close by without hundreds of people coughing on them, excellent service in Club Orange (Koningsdam) and we had an amazing view both ways. We saw porpoises, orcas, grey whales, mountains goats, etc. 

Was that $300 from a Verandah or a Signature cabin, to the Neptune?  

9 hours ago, 54Carol said:

Have a rear aft cabin on deck 7 of the Noordam for an Alaskan cruise.  I have read a lot that says this is a great cabin for enjoying the beautiful Alaskan landscape.  If the opportunity for an upgrade to a Signature Suite is offered for a reasonable price, would you take the upgrade (even though the cabin would be on the sides of ship) or stay in the aft cabin.

I wouldn't give up an aft/wakeview cabin to take a Signature Suite, but if the price was right, I'd move to a Neptune along the side of the ship for the extra benefits.

Edited by VennDiagram
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, VennDiagram said:

I wouldn't give up an aft/wakeview cabin to take a Signature Suite, but if the price was right, I'd move to a Neptune along the side of the ship for the extra benefits.

Exactly how I felt.   But I'm never one of those fortunates that gets offered Neptune upgrades, I have to pay for them myself 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, dchip said:

We were offered an upsell from our aft cabin to a Signature Suite on the Zuiderdam. It was a 35 day cruise. We kept the aft cabin and were so very glad we did. Not only are the views spectacular but there is very little or no wind on the balcony. We spent a lot of time out there. It was heaven. 
Enjoy Alaska!

Hi Denise! Agreed! We had a signature suite on our 1st Alaska cruise, and though we loved our upgrade (hard to get us to be disappointed) we have fallen in love with Aft cabins. And after our first real long sailing, it was a savior, a retreat, an oasis, and our own private Idaho. That is all we seem to book any more. Plus you meet some amazing folks (wink to Denise and Howie).

We have another Aft coming up on the Noordam to Alaska in September. Cant wait!

Edited by tuolumne couple
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, tuolumne couple said:

seem to book any more. Plus you meet some amazing folks (wink to Denise and Howie)

Lucky us to have such fun folks above us for 35 glorious days. It really was an oasis for this cruise. We spent more time in our cabin and balcony than ever before. We have been “aft people” for years and years!