Tips for doing laundry onboard ...

BuckeyeMark

14 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

It worked really well.  It is not fast, but seems to get clothes cleaner than washing out in the sink.  Follow the directions exactly, don't over fill, don't use too much detergent, etc.  I carried the filled bag out to by the desk, and used my feet to swish all the clothes around for about 15 mins.  I found that easier than bending over using my hands.  Rinsing out was fairly easy using the shower, filling the bag, swishing without being latched/closed.  I did that twice b/c I hate soap residue.  Overall I will bring it again on a long cruise for a few things as needed.  

For those who can't get one or want a cheaper option, a dry-bag works too and comes in many different sizes and is more readily available. The one thing that the Scrubba I believe has is nubs in the inside of the bag to help with the scrubbing.

My tip for doing laundry on board is not to do it.  I pack enough of everything so that I have clean clothing every day of the cruise.  I am not going to spend one minute of my cruise in the laundry room.

Buy tokens before you are all set to do laundry.  

The token machine did not work so I had to take a detour to guest services before we could use the washer. 

Also, it's super easy and no-one around if you do a load while heading to the gym in the early am and after your treadmill routine, come back and put it in the dryer. 

Bring detergent pods from home to save $$$.

(our best laundry hint is to cruise Holland America Line and use their "unlimited laundry" service....They do it all for like 7 bucks a day.....not our thing to do laundry when sailing the seas and the price Princess charged per item was more than the item was worth!)

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 10:49 PM, cruzin4us said:

Bring your own soap and dryer sheets.   

I'm on vacation so I don't do laundry in the sink

LOL I PREFER to do my laundry in the sink--much quicker than dealing with the laundry room!

I hang things in the shower, closet or on the balcony (usually laying over a chair with my towel clips.

I have a capsule wardrobe of quick dry, non-wrinkle material so this is very practical. 

Generally black shorts/pants/dresses with a variety of tops.

And as often as we change clothes each day, it is easy to wear things multiple times.

Breakfast: tee & shorts

Pool: swimsuit & cover up 

Afternoon: capris & top (this may go into evening depending on my mood; or I may dress up a bit)

On 5/17/2022 at 9:00 AM, Bgwest said:

If true, something else that will be blamed on the C virus. Where will it end? Rhetorical question. it likely never will.  

Ours was hanging in the closet hooked to a pants hanger.