Can someone please explain how Silver Air works?

Brownie54

My husband and I are frequent Regent travelers, and we are booked on our first Silversea cruise, on the Cloud, from 1/15/2024 to 1/30/2024. We will be sailing to and from Puerto Williams. We have booked Business Air to/from our home airport of BWI (Baltimore).

Is the air piece here similar to Regent where we can “deviate” for a fee and offer suggestions of what airline, day,  and routing we want?
If so, when would we make the suggestion?
I know there will be a charter flight to and from Santiago to Puerto Williams. In pre-Covid times we might have gone to Santiago a few days early, but now we are undecided as to when to go.

Any help you can offer would be most appreciated!

Sue

There are several threads discussing SS Air.  Perhaps try using the search function first.  But quick answer is yes to your question about air deviation.  Before booking is the timing and it seems that booking window has changed recently.  It used to be 210 or 180 days in advance so you or your TA should research before then and be ready to make the requests.  SS does not contract with every major airline so if you really have a preferred airline and route you may not always have better pricing with SS Air.

9 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

There are several threads discussing SS Air.  Perhaps try using the search function first.  But quick answer is yes to your question about air deviation.  Before booking is the timing and it seems that booking window has changed recently.  It used to be 210 or 180 days in advance so you or your TA should research before then and be ready to make the requests.  SS does not contract with every major airline so if you really have a preferred airline and route you may not always have better pricing with SS Air.

Is there somewhere where we can see which Airlines SS has contracts with?   Mainly wondering about Delta.

As noted above, custom air & deviations used to be handled starting about 270 days before embarkation. Our travel agent has told us they have shortened this to 160-200 days before embarkation. (Last year, before our cruise was canceled, they booked our flight at right around 270 days. We rescheduled to a mid-December cruise from Puerto Williams, but Silversea won't book our flights yet; we're now about 220 days out. I'm crossing my fingers that seats will still exist on our preferred flights when they are willing to look at our requests and book us!)

As for airlines they contract with, I would guess it's not possible to say with certainty for 2024, since there is so much in flux with airlines these days.