What to See When Leaving Seattle or NYC

Sexydva74

When we cruised out of New Orleans,  there's a lot to see on the Mississippi into the Gulf and another cruiser had posted a guide to what you're passing.  Is there a similar one for Seattle or NYC?  Pic is of what I am looking for.  TIA

Note: I also posted this in the East Coast and West Coast Departure forums but thought I would do it here to up my chances.

image.jpeg

Edited by Sexydva74
Added

Just now, shof515 said:

There's lots to see sailing out of NYC. Statue of a liberty is a big one, the new World Trade Center, the manhattan skyline. Sailing under the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge

Thanks!  The big things I know.  I was hoping for the less recognizable things.  

16 minutes ago, Sexydva74 said:

I was hoping for the less recognizable things. 

With a good zoom on your camera, or even just good eyesight, you can see Coney Island amusement park to the East after you pass under the bridge.  To the West would be Bayonne, you can see the RCI port/terminal there along the bank of the Hudson, among the shipping terminals.

At an adjacent pier is the USS Intrepid, a worthwhile stop for a tour if you have the time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hallux said:

With a good zoom on your camera, or even just good eyesight, you can see Coney Island amusement park to the East after you pass under the bridge.  To the West would be Bayonne, you can see the RCI port/terminal there along the bank of the Hudson, among the shipping terminals.

At an adjacent pier is the USS Intrepid, a worthwhile stop for a tour if you have the time. 

Thank you so much!  I can't wait to see it all!

If you have time in Seattle go to the Chihuly Garden and Glass  www.chihulygardenandglass.com it is by the Space Needle.  The glass exhibits are wonderful.  We went during the day, but it is open sometimes at night and the glass in the garden is lighted.  Well worth the trip 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, putchky said:

If you have time in Seattle go to the Chihuly Garden and Glass  www.chihulygardenandglass.com it is by the Space Needle.  The glass exhibits are wonderful.  We went during the day, but it is open sometimes at night and the glass in the garden is lighted.  Well worth the trip 

Thanks for the suggestion! It's on our list but we have very little time in Seattle.  I saw the Chihuly exhibit so long ago when I was in Atlanta and loved it.  

3 hours ago, putchky said:

I second this.... and if you go to the Chihuly museum go at dusk

When leaving NYC, not sure which side of the ship you will park yourself, but you can spot the air intakes for the Holland tunnel on either side of the river.  That's always a neat bit of engineering trivia you can impress your friends with.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Holland_Tunnel_air_vent.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JGmf said:

When leaving NYC, not sure which side of the ship you will park yourself, but you can spot the air intakes for the Holland tunnel on either side of the river.  That's always a neat bit of engineering trivia you can impress your friends with.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Holland_Tunnel_air_vent.jpg

That’s exactly what I’ll do, too 😁.  Thank you!  I would have wondered what that is.