Where are downtown Boston Covid Testing sites for boarding cruise ship?

Nanatravel

I've been searching to locate a pharmacy, Covid Testing site, Urgent Care or other site to get a pre-cruise Covid 19 Rapid Antigen or NAAT test. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I've tried looking for CVS and Walgreen locations but when I go to make an appointment, their web site keeps referring me back to my home area.

CVS is only listing appointments 2 weeks out.  I checked and the closest CVS's that have the rapid test as of today are in Cambridge (6 JFK Street and 36 White Street)  Not sure where you are staying but you can get from downtown Boston to Cambridge by public transportation (the Red Line). You may want to bring the Abbott proctored tests (make sure they are the ones that offer proctoring) and do the testing from your hotel. Or call your hotel and see if they know any local testing place. And, take a look a the site Lipton provided. It will list the possible locations but you'll need to check each one to see if they have testing available.

2 hours ago, Traveling Library said:

CVS is only listing appointments 2 weeks out.  I checked and the closest CVS's that have the rapid test as of today are in Cambridge (6 JFK Street and 36 White Street)  Not sure where you are staying but you can get from downtown Boston to Cambridge by public transportation (the Red Line). You may want to bring the Abbott proctored tests (make sure they are the ones that offer proctoring) and do the testing from your hotel. Or call your hotel and see if they know any local testing place. And, take a look a the site Lipton provided. It will list the possible locations but you'll need to check each one to see if they have testing available.

Thanks Liberty.  I plan to bring the Optum Binax test kits I bought earlier this year.  I'm just nervous about holding the cell phone for up to 20 minutes during a call or longer for two of us.  I'd rather have someone else do the swab and proctor the test.  I thought I found a CVS at the corner of School St and Washington St.  We are at Broad St at the Hilton. Plus there may be a site near Post Office Square. I use a walker, so I'm trying to keep things close in easy walking distance.

Appreciate your help.

3 hours ago, Lipton said:

Try this link with your hotel zip code:

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/find-a-covid-19-test

Thanks Lipton,  this helped a lot. The CVS PO Square is the closest for our hotel location.  Now to be able to book with them in advance when it gets closer to test time will be my quest.

10 hours ago, Nanatravel said:

Thanks Lipton,  this helped a lot. The CVS PO Square is the closest for our hotel location.  Now to be able to book with them in advance when it gets closer to test time will be my quest.

I'd call the CVS at Post Office Square and make sure they are doing testing.  Not all CVS's are doing proctored testing.  I did a Google search (Covid test near Black Falcon Terminal) and came up with ARCpoint. This is on Drydock Ave and not far from the cruise terminal. I cannot figure out how to see if and where they have appointments without registering. You may want to try though: https://www.arcpointlabs.com/boston/request-an-appointment/

Finally, you could get a test at the airport.  If you are only staying overnight in Boston you could get the test when you arrive at the airport.  https://www.xprescheck.com/ search for Boston. Testing sites are in Terminal C (Jet Blue but connected to other terminals by shuttle bus) or in Terminal E (International flights).

9 minutes ago, Traveling Library said:

I'd call the CVS at Post Office Square and make sure they are doing testing.  Not all CVS's are doing proctored testing.  I did a Google search (Covid test near Black Falcon Terminal) and came up with ARCpoint. This is on Drydock Ave and not far from the cruise terminal. I cannot figure out how to see if and where they have appointments without registering. You may want to try though: https://www.arcpointlabs.com/boston/request-an-appointment/

Finally, you could get a test at the airport.  If you are only staying overnight in Boston you could get the test when you arrive at the airport.  https://www.xprescheck.com/ search for Boston. Testing sites are in Terminal C (Jet Blue but connected to other terminals by shuttle bus) or in Terminal E (International flights).

Thanks.  With the help of the link for Mass testing sites, I found the CVS Health Community Testing Site at  3 Post Office Square zip 02109. This is perfect location from our hotel and many others. Issue is I can't find a phone number or when I attempt to follow all of their links, it takes me to Minute Clinic locations all outside of downtown Boston. I've tried looking up the address, the name etc. with zero results. Can you check to see if your local phone directory might have a phone listing?

Bev

58 minutes ago, Nanatravel said:

Thanks.  With the help of the link for Mass testing sites, I found the CVS Health Community Testing Site at  3 Post Office Square zip 02109. This is perfect location from our hotel and many others. Issue is I can't find a phone number or when I attempt to follow all of their links, it takes me to Minute Clinic locations all outside of downtown Boston. I've tried looking up the address, the name etc. with zero results. Can you check to see if your local phone directory might have a phone listing?

Bev

Only number I found is 617-426-8964 for CVS at 3 Milk St which is near Post Office Square but Yelp says this site is closed.  I cannot find any other number.  Try the number above but then try the hotel. They can tell you if the CVS is open or not and get you a phone number.  Note I read the other day that CVS is moving testing to places that have a Minute Clinic. The CVS on Post Office Square is/was tiny and probably isn't/wasn't big enough for a Minute Clinic. Good luck. Wish I could be more helpful.

7 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

I may be mistaken but I believe that CVS location closed as a retail store and is only doing testing.  It’s worth a shot to just walk over there as it’s literally around the corner from the Hilton.

Thanks.  That is what I plan to do as their web site does say appointments but walk ins accepted (there just maybe a wait).

1 minute ago, Mr. Boston said:

I was mistaken.  I just walked past that location at lunchtime and it is currently gutted with nothing inside.

Thanks.  I'm with a walker so I really appreciate you saving me and others some steps.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

I was mistaken.  I just walked past that location at lunchtime and it is currently gutted with nothing inside.

If you happen to be in the vicinity of Washington and School Streets there is a CVS that should be offering appointments for Covid Testing but I don't know if they do the Rapid test or a phone number to contact someone.  If you can check, I and others on these Cruises would be very grateful.

Bev

On 5/28/2022 at 8:56 AM, Cat in my lap said:

I am also hoping to find a Boston testing site for our July 9 departure.  I will be at Marriott long wharf the week before.  

See my note number 5 for a Boston link regarding Covid Testing sites.  Many of them have closed or stopped giving tests.  I did reach a Walgreen's at 24 School St. & Washington St. but got a recording that the test had to be scheduled on line.  When I did a test to get an appointment, it did not show up as a valid open NAAT or Rapid Antigen test site.

I would buy at least 2 Optom Abbott Binax testing kits for emed testing live on your cell phone or Ipad.

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2022 at 8:56 AM, Cat in my lap said:

I am also hoping to find a Boston testing site for our July 9 departure.  I will be at Marriott long wharf the week before.  

Cat, if you find a place, would you be so kind to report back after your trip or from Boston the name and location of the available store or place if you find one.  We aren't staying too far from the Marriott.

TIA