Really no shows on Pearl?

Cookiebun

I've been researching my trip scheduled for July 29th, Boston to Bermuda... we like it nice and simple (been on this sailing several times), but I'm seeing that the shows are "temporarily" unavailable.... so there is no entertainment at night on the ship?

Has anyone been on the Pearl to Bermuda this year and can give any information?

Thanks

39 minutes ago, Cookiebun said:

I've been researching my trip scheduled for July 29th, Boston to Bermuda... we like it nice and simple (been on this sailing several times), but I'm seeing that the shows are "temporarily" unavailable.... so there is no entertainment at night on the ship?

Has anyone been on the Pearl to Bermuda this year and can give any information?

Thanks

Sailed on the Pearl 4/8-4/15. Had singer/guitar player in Maltings and the Atrium each night; the ship's show band at various venues; a comedian or two and a Stevie Wonder tribute in Stardust; and a return to yesterday with an Age of Aquarius singing/dancing show in Bliss. That was it. No production shows of any sort.

NCL released the production show personnel back in January. The ship was charted with various musical themes/ other bookings through the winter. Production personnel were due back on 4/15.

Don't know what has happened since.However, we are booked on the 10/28 sailing and under "entertainment", it still says 0 (zero), nothing, nada, Can't figure it out!

• Like 1

When we were on the Gem in January, there were no production shows presumably because of an injury with one of the cast members, although it could have also been COVID-related. Instead, they used guest entertainers in place of the song and dance production shows. We had 4 guest entertainers that they rotated through that included a hypnotist, a comedian, a musician, and a singer. I enjoyed them as much, if not more, than the production shows. There was also live music in various venues throughout the ship including the house band.

• Like 1

This is another cost cutting measure by NCL.  Entertainment costs have been cut to the bone.  Often the nightly 'entertainment' is showing an old movie in the stardust theater or having a bingo session.  NCL used to have some pretty good entertainers.  Not anymore.

• Like 3

We were on the Pearl on April 29-May 6.  There was music all over the ship, a guitar player in the Atrium, the orchestra in Maltings, and Roots in Bliss, and a Cabaret Night and Age of Aquarius shows in the Spinaker Lounge. 

The shows in the theatre were very uneven.  The comedian was so so, the production show Legends needs work, seems like it was the first time they did it.  They had a great singer who performed with the orchestra. 

I saw someone out by the pool singing one day.  We were satisfied with the music, the production shows were not anywhere near their usual excellence. 

Like many others we do this cruise out of Boston every year, and we are going to do it again this year in November.  Hopefully they will be going full out then. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the theater on Getaway last month we had Burn the Floor and Million Dollar Quartet production shows and guest entertainers on the other nights. There was the piano player at Sugarcane plus entertainment in the Atrium etc. The cut backs in entertainment do not seem to be fleetwide, and should improve.

That said I am hoping that our upcoming trip on Pearl has some good entertainment in the theater. It is one of the reasons we enjoy cruising over a land based trip. The shows are part of what makes a cruising vacation a good value for us. If they take that away we will look for other vacation options.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JCMass. said:

We were on the Pearl on April 29-May 6.  There was music all over the ship, a guitar player in the Atrium, the orchestra in Maltings, and Roots in Bliss, and a Cabaret Night and Age of Aquarius shows in the Spinaker Lounge. 

The shows in the theatre were very uneven.  The comedian was so so, the production show Legends needs work, seems like it was the first time they did it.  They had a great singer who performed with the orchestra. 

I saw someone out by the pool singing one day.  We were satisfied with the music, the production shows were not anywhere near their usual excellence. 

Like many others we do this cruise out of Boston every year, and we are going to do it again this year in November.  Hopefully they will be going full out then. 

I am glad to hear that they had all those entertainment options on your cruise. Staffing shows and entertainment does seem to have been an issue for all the cruise lines since the re-start. Hopefully by the end of the year things are back to normal. 

• Like 1