Ovation of the Seas Connecting Balconies

1 hour ago, jerseygirl629 said:

I am wondering if the balconies can connect as well?

More than likely yes, but can't say for sure without more specific cabin #s. A general image search should yield some results.

Edited by Biker19

28 minutes ago, EdandMary said:

We had a deck 13 balcony for the shakedown cruise and the balcony doors on that deck could be opened. I cannot speak if that is tgrue on other decks.

The walls between balconies on all decks can be opened. That's how the blue boys clean balconies. You'll need something with a square end on it to unlock the latch.

We had balconies connect on the Ovation before (but they weren't connecting balconies, we just were side by side).  It's easy enough to ask your steward to do, and they will, as long as you're not across a fire break, or the Captain said not to do it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miraflores said:

You'll need something with a square end on it to unlock the latch.

What you need is to ask the stateroom attendant and and he will open it if OK'd by the Captain as he has final decision on this. That is the proper protocol, and they should not be opened by the passenger.  Unless it is inclement weather or your staterooms are across a firebreak as indicated by @celoplyr, they will most likely do so.  But there are rare times and situations where the Captain may not permit it.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

What you need is to ask the stateroom attendant and and he will open it if OK'd by the Captain as he has final decision on this. That is the proper protocol, and they should not be opened by the passenger.  Unless it is inclement weather or your staterooms are across a firebreak as indicated by @celoplyr, they will most likely do so.  But there are rare times and situations where the Captain may not permit it.

Sorry, I thought this was CruiseCritic I was posting to. I was unaware people on this site followed shipboard rules, haha.

Edited by miraflores

3 hours ago, miraflores said:

Sorry, I thought this was CruiseCritic I was posting to. I was unaware people on this site followed shipboard rules, haha.

Just trying to maybe prevent a potential issue on board with someone trying to open them themselves.

Some rules are meant to be followed for a reason.  Just sayin'.....

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, jerseygirl629 said:

Thanks for the replies! Hopefully ours open as that would be nice but I will definitely ask our cabin steward 🙂

I'm sure they will be able to open them.  We've never had an instance when it could not be done on those ships where they physically can be opened.  (There are some older ships where they are not the type of balcony that can be opened.  But that is not the case with Ovation - they most definitely can).