Concierge Lounge on Oasis questions

2 hours ago, island lady said:

At least Harmony has put the bar stools back at the bar.   Missed them when they had the "social distancing" in December...with many tables blocked off in CK as well.  I have since heard they are back.  Assuming we get to enjoy them again on Sunday. 

We like coming in earlier in the afternoon after a day in port,  to sit at the bar to have an afternoon glass of beer and wine.  🙂 

I love barstools 😇

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, topnole said:

Ha.  I’ve been at chefs table on oasis.  I remember it well and yes it was an odd spot.  All the folks at the bar made for quite a noisy environment.  It was a nice dinner, but nothing that special IMO.  

Agree there.   For me....IMHO...the best Chef's Table events are on Radiance class.  Love the "elegant conference board room" atmosphere and privacy on those ships.  Off to the side just before the aft lounge.  🙂 

13 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Perhaps they made the change so those dining have a better view.  I recall the beautiful bar with a view.  

M

That was my guess as well.  Being able to add window seats for CK.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I love barstools 😇

Me too.  We have our breakfast bar at home...with bar stools.   And our little informal 4 top pub style table for dinner.   Guess we love to "hang at the bar".  😄 😄 

• Like 1

I just did Chef's Table on Oasis. It was in a room in the Solarium Bistro. The bistro itself was closed, so it wasn't noisy at all. They had the table completely set, though I am not sure how high-end any of the crystal was.

31 minutes ago, OllieS0806 said:

I just did Chef's Table on Oasis. It was in a room in the Solarium Bistro. The bistro itself was closed, so it wasn't noisy at all. They had the table completely set, though I am not sure how high-end any of the crystal was.

Was it a bit warm and humid there?  Thought that could be a problem when I saw that on Harmony in that location. 

20 hours ago, yogimax said:

Anyone else remember the days when, as a D+,  you could get a hot breakfast or lunch (along with wine or beer) while enjoying the view of the Aqua Theatre?  Never crowded, simply a quiet place to enjoy a meal.

But then RCCL decided to "enhance" the experience by closing the doors to D+.

Ah, the "old days!"

The SL on Oasis with CK was a great enhancement for the upper tiers

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Indeed it was...including the "Suite dwellers".  😉 

FWIW, based on current D+ numbers, do you really think a CL on Oasis or Allure would be a nice quiet place for lunch today😉

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

An enhancement, for sure. However, it (at least in our view) is the least impressive of the Oasis class suite lounges - reminded us more of a Trailways bus station waiting room, and the CK on Oasis reminded us of an employee lunchroom - underwhelming at best.

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

An enhancement, for sure. However, it (at least in our view) is the least impressive of the Oasis class suite lounges - reminded us more of a Trailways bus station waiting room, and the CK on Oasis reminded us of an employee lunchroom - underwhelming at best.

LOL...good!  More dining tables available for us in CK!! 😄   We enjoy it for the quieter atmosphere, unlike the mass feeding in the MDR, or the WJ.   Have not been impressed with any of the specialty restaurants since restart after Covid, IMHO, though we have tried all of them.  

But I do agree with you on the SL furniture.   Looks and feels like garage sale rejects....ugh...totally uncomfortable, and unappealing set up.  😮 

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Have not been impressed with any of the specialty restaurants since restart after Covid, IMHO, though we have tried all of them.  

We have tried them all on both Allure and Harmony, and the only one that was worth it was Giovanni’s on Allure.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We have tried them all on both Allure and Harmony, and the only one that was worth it was Giovanni’s on Allure.

Have tried Giovanni's on Harmony...several times.  Not impressed at all.  Bad service, lack luster food.  But did enjoy it on Odyssey a bit more.   Have still never been on Allure...though not for lack of trying.  Been cancelled on us 3 times now.  😮 

Funny thing is that Giovanni's wine bar on Odyssey, just outside the restaurant was our "go to" place for happy hour.  Great wine list, full bar, attentive service.  Comfy chairs, great people watching.  😉 

We have not used the lounges for HH since the vouchers came out.  Enjoying finding our own venues away from the madness. 

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Have tried Giovanni's on Harmony...several times.  Not impressed at all.  Bad service, lack luster food. 

Probably because it is Jamie’s pseudo Italian on Harmony. Completely different menu than Gio’s.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Hardly any difference between Allure and Oasis. 

FWIW, the food stations on Harmony and Symphony make up for the change in the bar

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Hardly any difference between Allure and Oasis. 

FWIW, the food stations on Harmony and Symphony make up for the change in the bar

Wasn’t overly impressed with the one on Allure either. Agree on the harmony layout - much better, but then Harmony has much more dedicated space available with the elimination of the two Suites that consumed a lot of that space on Oasis and Allure.. Haven’t been on Symphony yet, and looking forward to seeing what they’ve done on wonder in January.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Probably because it is Jamie’s pseudo Italian on Harmony. Completely different menu than Gio’s.

I thought Jamie's on Harmony was great. The eggplant Parm was delicious. The beef tenderloin at 150 CP seemed to be the same as the one in the MDR. Maybe because I ordered it for one person

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I thought Jamie's on Harmony was great. The eggplant Parm was delicious. The beef tenderloin at 150 CP seemed to be the same as the one in the MDR. Maybe because I ordered it for one person

I miss a lot of things in 150 now.   Used to love having that tenderloin for two carved at table side....always seemed so much more tender for some reason.   Also miss table side Caesar salad, and the interesting flavored salts.  Do love the pull apart bread though...and we usually don't eat the breads.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Wasn’t overly impressed with the one on Allure either. Agree on the harmony layout - much better, but then Harmony has much more dedicated space available with the elimination of the two Suites that consumed a lot of that space on Oasis and Allure.. Haven’t been on Symphony yet, and looking forward to seeing what they’ve done on wonder in January.

Yes, but not that much more really because they added 1 CLS in place of the big STAR suites they didn't build

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

I miss a lot of things in 150 now.   Used to love having that tenderloin for two carved at table side....always seemed so much more tender for some reason.   Also miss table side Caesar salad, and the interesting flavored salts.  Do love the pull apart bread though...and we usually don't eat the breads.  

I like the new corn and scallops appetizer 

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Never thought I would see the day when Diamond Plus would be referred to as a lower tier.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

They were carving it table side last week and making martinis table side as well

• Like 2

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

They were carving it table side last week and making martinis table side as well

Really?  That's great!  Guess I need to try 150 again.  🤗  Thanks!  🙂 

Now if they will just bring back those interesting flavored salts.  😄 

• Like 1