Diamond/Platinum Perks

nol4am

Has carnival changed them once again? I have been told there are no more parties but I cannot find that information. Also was told Diamond would now get $50.00 and free drinks. I am just wondering if this is true.

Patricia

15 minutes ago, nol4am said:

Has carnival changed them once again? I have been told there are no more parties but I cannot find that information. Also was told Diamond would now get $50.00 and free drinks. I am just wondering if this is true.

Patricia

sorry..

Edited by mrpayroll

Guest BasicSailor

In the past JH use to make announcements when a change was taking place with Carnival. It began as a courtesy to inform their customers what was going on with your Carnival cruise line. Now most of those old announcements turned into a big stink and customers complained so much they usually brought the product back. Now up to modern date, there are no announcements. Carnival just slips in the *NEW* change without letting their most loyal cruisers have an opinion.  So their slowly demolishing the loyalty program as we know it.  Carnival wants new cruisers (out with the old and in with the new) which spend more money on their products than the experienced cruisers would.

Some people may reject my conclusion, just keep watching and waiting for your perks to return in the upcoming months. Does it bother me, not in the least. I expected it . Have a great day.😊

Guest BasicSailor
17 minutes ago, nol4am said:

Patricia

yep , it's true 🙂

7 hours ago, nol4am said:

Patricia

Just off the Mardi Gras last week. Yes the party changed, There was one and they severed / handed you a glass of wine on your way in or soda if you wished. No more mixed drinks at the "party" but you did receive a free drink voucher posted to your sail and sign account to get a free drink at any bar. From 1 hour before the party until cruise ending. I am not Diamond so do not have any info on a $50.00 credit unless this is being confused with the $25.00 credit P/D where receiving for booking a sailing during covid-19.   So yes the party happened on the Mardi Gras.

The way I read the 'announcement' from JH, the diamond and diamond/platinum parties have been suspended through June due to staffing shortages. All diamond members will receive a $50 onboard credit and diamond and platinum guests will receive I believe it was 3 drink vouchers (of course if you purchase cheers this is totally useless)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

In the past JH use to make announcements when a change was taking place with Carnival. It began as a courtesy to inform their customers what was going on with your Carnival cruise line. Now most of those old announcements turned into a big stink and customers complained so much they usually brought the product back. Now up to modern date, there are no announcements. Carnival just slips in the *NEW* change without letting their most loyal cruisers have an opinion.  So their slowly demolishing the loyalty program as we know it.  Carnival wants new cruisers (out with the old and in with the new) which spend more money on their products than the experienced cruisers would.

Some people may reject my conclusion, just keep watching and waiting for your perks to return in the upcoming months. Does it bother me, not in the least. I expected it . Have a great day.😊

The program has always been subject to change, with or without notice, reason, or blessings from special individuals. It is the same with any marketing/loyalty program. Airlines do it all the time.

Carnival even puts in the terms and conditions that people should read them on a regular basis, but does anyone?

CCL reserves the right to alter or modify the Club at any time in CCL’s sole discretion without notice to Members, including without limitation, the right to add, modify, delete or otherwise change any provision of the Terms and Conditions or any aspect of the Club, including without limitation, any procedure, the Levels, the number of VIFP Points required for any Level, the method of earning VIFP Points, and the Benefits, each as defined below. CCL further reserves the right to terminate the Club at any time without notice to Members. Since any changes will be posted on this page, Members should check this page regularly. Continued membership in the Club following any changes to these Terms and Conditions constitutes acceptance of such changes.   

Guest BasicSailor
34 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The program has always been subject to change, with or without notice, reason, or blessings from special individuals. It is the same with any marketing/loyalty program. Airlines do it all the time.

Carnival even puts in the terms and conditions that people should read them on a regular basis, but does anyone?

CCL reserves the right to alter or modify the Club at any time in CCL’s sole discretion without notice to Members, including without limitation, the right to add, modify, delete or otherwise change any provision of the Terms and Conditions or any aspect of the Club, including without limitation, any procedure, the Levels, the number of VIFP Points required for any Level, the method of earning VIFP Points, and the Benefits, each as defined below. CCL further reserves the right to terminate the Club at any time without notice to Members. Since any changes will be posted on this page, Members should check this page regularly. Continued membership in the Club following any changes to these Terms and Conditions constitutes acceptance of such changes.   

How much do they pay you 🤣. Thank your typing fingers for something I already knew.👍

52 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

How much do they pay you 🤣. Thank your typing fingers for something I already knew.👍

You're welcome. One more correction- Carnival wants cruisers who cruise for the brand, not cruisers who cruise for perks. The color of the card doesn't matter, although Carnival has always has had novice cruisers as a target market.

• Like 1

Ty for responses. I am aware policies change daily which is why I asked. Just wanted to know what to expect or not to expect when we board Saturday.  Least I have an idea.  Thanks.  

Edited by nol4am

Guest BasicSailor
8 minutes ago, nol4am said:

Ty for responses. I am aware policies change daily which is why I asked. Just wanted to know what to expect or not to expect when we board Saturday.  Least I have an idea.  Thanks.  

Hoping you have a great cruise 😉

Guest BasicSailor
16 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You're welcome. One more correction- Carnival wants cruisers who cruise for the brand, not cruisers who cruise for perks. The color of the card doesn't matter, although Carnival has always has had novice cruisers as a target market.

Also knew that, your on a roll Image result for laughing gif

35 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I think that is a losing strategy. I think most folks will want perks like food, water, a bed, a shower... Not many will want to be set adrift on a log in the ocean because the log has Carnival on the side.

Guest BasicSailor

To me it's obvious, the color of the card no longer matters. I have often wondered why even bother color coating cards any longer. Pointless to do so.

3 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

To me it's obvious, the color of the card no longer matters. I have often wondered why even bother color coating cards any longer. Pointless to do so.

The color of the card matters to the entitled.

25 minutes ago, icft said:

I think that is a losing strategy. I think most folks will want perks like food, water, a bed, a shower... Not many will want to be set adrift on a log in the ocean because the log has Carnival on the side.

You get that with Motel 6 or the Ritz.

Guest BasicSailor
11 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The color of the card matters to the entitled.

Then that would be Carnivals fault for promoting such entitlement 😉 to lure past cruisers back on their ships.

3 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Then that would be Carnivals fault for promoting such entitlement 😉 to lure past cruisers back on their ships.

Cruise lines, all of them, sell illusions. It is what they have always done.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
Just now, BlerkOne said:

Cruise lines, all of them, sell illusions. It is what they have always done.

Obviously, but still pointless.😆

Guest BasicSailor
4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Perhaps to you. Welcome to Fantasy Island for others. Or Camelot 

Well, that's an easy way to look at it.🙄 

1 hour ago, icft said:

Talk about wayyyy out in left field! The things that you enumerated, are necessities, and most definitely NOT a perk! Learn the difference before you start spouting nonsense! 😡 I never saw a stupid retort than what you just said. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Talk about wayyyy out in left field! The things that you enumerated, are necessities, and most definitely NOT a perk! Learn the difference before you start spouting nonsense! 😡 I never saw a stupid retort than what you just said. 

Good for the goose, good for the gander... 😇

Diamond lunch and the diamond/platinum party is cancelled on all sailings through 6/30 due to staff shortage. 50 OBC is for the cancelled diamond lunch event. Platinum and diamonds are getting 2 drink coupon vouchers in lieu of the drink party. For me personally this is better than going to the cluster that this event has become. 

• Like 7