Menu question

QHsailor

12 minutes ago, QHsailor said:

I just got off 2 weeks on the Zuiderdam in Alaska. Should I expect the same menu on Holland America in Canada/New England in June?

No.  The HAL menus are by location.

• Thanks 1

There might be some repeats, especially with the apps and desserts, but there should be some new items. Mostly it's the same protein with a different combination of ingredients.  There are also the always on the menu items, like the Caesar salad and French onion soup and cheesecake (of various flavors), ice cream.... etc.

• Like 1

I've never noticed much of a difference from ship to ship, location to location.  It's all very good food.  I mean, you might get some clam chowder when you are near Bar Harbor, and a taste of Mexican food when you are in Mexico, but it's not much of a difference overall.  Panama rolls when you are going through the Panama Canal and that sort of thing.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MisterMatthew said:

A "Panama Roll"? 

Hmm.

Double hmm.

----Matthew

Custard and mandarin orange segment-filled buns can be found in the Lido Market Buffet during breakfast and served on the aft Lido Deck on Panama Canal days.

Panama-Buns.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Crew News said:

Custard and mandarin orange segment-filled buns can be found in the Lido Market Buffet during breakfast and served on the aft Lido Deck on Panama Canal days.

Sometimes masquerades under different names depending upon the scenic area through which the ship is sailing.  

Just like the Dutch Pea Soup served during scenic areas like Alaska and Greenland as the ship transits Prinz Christian Sund, its one thing that makes a HAL cruise a unique cruise experience.  

• Like 3