Drinks package and Diamond Member

On 5/25/2022 at 7:04 PM, wayne_trisha said:

D lounge baby. Very early I make the trek. I mean early. We are early risers and I fill a thermos each night for my beautiful bride for her consumption. My first task upon waking is, at my choice, a trip to a quality coffee location. Could be D lounge, could be on the promenade. I am a great hubby 🙂

I was being a bit "tongue in cheek" on that one.  

The so called "fresh coffee in the suite"....are K cups with pre ground coffee (previously ground who knows when), but the coffee in the machines in the lounge have whole beans replaced constantly.  The coffee beans are fresh ground with each cup you punch in.  Hence...quite a bit more fresh than those old K cups.  😄 

Me?  I am the great wifey poo.   I am just back from my 6:45 trek up to the SL here on Harmony (which technically opens for coffee set up at 7 am, but I have been lucky with the coffee machine being set up and ready up there).   Two travel mugs I take up there while Mr. Sleepy head is still in slumberland.  I fill a paper cup with Latte and a shot of espresso, then transfer to the mugs.  Ahh...actual fresh.  😉 

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am just back from my 6:45 trek up to the SL here on Harmony (which technically opens for coffee set up at 7 am, but I have been lucky with the coffee machine being set up and ready up there).   Two travel mugs I take up there while Mr. Sleepy head is still in slumberland.  I fill a paper cup with Latte and a shot of espresso, then transfer to the mugs.  Ahh...actual fresh.  😉 

Why wasn't I notified of this?  Yay for early coffee!  Hopefully it's actually ready even earlier next week.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

On 5/25/2022 at 3:35 PM, Cruise a holic said:

Actually we have a coffee machine in our suite.  But like coffee with my lunch and dinner.  I also like from sorrento’s.   Don’t want to run to suite or diamond lounge for “free” coffee if not convenient 

Ah yes...previously ground coffee (when.....who knows) in those K cups, not what I would call fresh. 😉 Yes, we always have those in our suite as well...goes untouched.   I am used to grinding my own at home, and love the fresh ground with each cup in the lounge machines as well.     

K cups in the cabin...No Lattes there.  😮 

But happy you like the K cups.   Less of a line for coffee in the lounges.  🙂  Beautiful thing with not everyone being the same...what a boring world that would be.  Enjoy!  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

And Hawaii 🙂 

OH yes....!!   Big Island coffee plantations!   We did a tour at one of the biggest a few years ago, and have several times bought more of their coffee online.  😋

100% Kona Coffee...yes..yes!!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Why wasn't I notified of this?  Yay for early coffee!  Hopefully it's actually ready even earlier next week.

The earliest I have dared to go in there was 6:45.  On previous cruises on Harmony...it was like pulling teeth to get them to have the coffee machine ready by 7.  Many times it was not until 7:30...but that was when they did not have self serve during the Covid restrictions.  Now...happily back to self serve.  

Attendant is still setting up all the pastries, etc. while I am getting my coffee.  

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

The earliest I have dared to go in there was 6:45.  On previous cruises on Harmony...it was like pulling teeth to get them to have the coffee machine ready by 7.  Many times it was not until 7:30...but that was when they did not have self serve during the Covid restrictions.  Now...happily back to self serve.  

Attendant is still setting up all the pastries, etc. while I am getting my coffee.  

I'm usually long gone before the breakfast is being put out, lol. I normally get pastries to go with my coffee from Promenade Cafe but that's more convenient when I'm using the DL down on deck 4.

Rest assured, as long as we all test negative, I'll be checking the SL long before 6:45 and if no luck I'll try the DL next. May even try it vice-versa if I'm wanting to go to Promenade Cafe anyway. Sometimes I just go with my wife to deck 5 while she's on her way to the track.

Thanks for the update. Back to worrying about 8 of us testing negative...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm a new diamond so this next cruise will be my first foray into the Diamond lounge.  With the machine they have do they also include flavoring syrups? If so are any of those sugar free.  DW starts every day with a sugar free caramel or vanilla latte.

BTW...I love your new Avatar picture.  😉 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm usually long gone before the breakfast is being put out, lol. I normally get pastries to go with my coffee from Promenade Cafe but that's more convenient when I'm using the DL down on deck 4.

Rest assured, as long as we all test negative, I'll be checking the SL long before 6:45 and if no luck I'll try the DL next. May even try it vice-versa if I'm wanting to go to Promenade Cafe anyway. Sometimes I just go with my wife to deck 5 while she's on her way to the track.

Thanks for the update. Back to worrying about 8 of us testing negative...

No worries "Mon"....you will all get to do the "negative" boogie dance soon.  😄 

On 5/25/2022 at 1:34 PM, OCSC Mike said:

There must be a coffee bean harvesting excursion somewhere in the Caribbean.

Actually we have a coffee machine in our suite.  But like coffee with my lunch and dinner.  I also like from sorrento’s.   Don’t want to run to suite or diamond lounge for “free” coffee if not convenient 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

You already posted that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In diamond lounge now adventure of the seas. Just fyi. “Free” cappuccino machine broken.  I have been on ship two days, and it barely ever works.  Also lavazza machine in our suite also broken.  Reported it to maintenance dept and nothing fixed.  Ship is in dire need of updating. 

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

You already posted that.

48 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Poor wiifi not sure if message goes through 

You first posted it on Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

In diamond lounge now adventure of the seas. Just fyi. “Free” cappuccino machine broken.  I have been on ship two days, and it barely ever works.  Also lavazza machine in our suite also broken.  Reported it to maintenance dept and nothing fixed.  Ship is in dire need of updating. 

I was actually surprised to hear it was supposedly mended on last sailing as we were told on repositioning that it probably needed replaced. Since it means you will be able to get free coffee from Promenade now I would have thought you would have been pleased?

We have sailed 30-40 days on the ship this year and apart from coffee machine and MTD issues, which seem universal even on some of the newer ships we didn’t have any other problems - well, shore excursions but that’s another matter entirely! 

What other problems have you had?

5 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

I was actually surprised to hear it was supposedly mended on last sailing as we were told on repositioning that it probably needed replaced. Since it means you will be able to get free coffee from Promenade now I would have thought you would have been pleased?

We have sailed 30-40 days on the ship this year and apart from coffee machine and MTD issues, which seem universal even on some of the newer ships we didn’t have any other problems - well, shore excursions but that’s another matter entirely! 

What other problems have you had?

Today the toilet in our room doesn’t flush!  Hope when we get back to our stateroom it will be fixed.  Also horrible lines for tender tickets to go to maine.  Tonight the show has been canceled.  Was supposed to be big production show.  Ship too crowded and understaffed.  So far disappointing.  Will write detailed review after cruise

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Today the toilet in our room doesn’t flush!  Hope when we get back to our stateroom it will be fixed.  Also horrible lines for tender tickets to go to maine.  Tonight the show has been canceled.  Was supposed to be big production show.  Ship too crowded and understaffed.  So far disappointing.  Will write detailed review after cruise

Sorry to hear that. Was the production show Covid related?

Did you get tender tickets from concierge? We had to tender in Grand Cayman but it was very efficiently arranged. Perhaps smaller tenders are used in Maine? Are they near full capacity?

Edited by c-leg5