Chops for lunch

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That is usually limited to dinner. 

We just did so on Adventure. Boarding day lunch. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you are starving. If not you will waste the benefit on a lighter meal. Offerings are smaller size for lunch.

Edited by fredmdcruisers
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

We just did so on Adventure. Boarding day lunch. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you are starving. If not you will waste the benefit on a lighter meal. Offerings are smaller size for lunch.

Most folks get this in their in cabin welcome letter:

image.png.41bac666810a08ff9056fa2525c0194e.png

While anything is possible, don't be surprised if the ship enforces their own rules.

8 hours ago, britty1 said:

Can you use your BOGO perk at lunch for chops or other specialty restaurants.

You can always ask when you board. Like biker said, your ship might not offer it, being able to do so might depend on how busy they are, etc. But on Adventure they said "of course." 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, britty1 said:

Can you use your BOGO perk at lunch for chops or other specialty restaurants.

Used mine for Chops lunch on Adventure last week and my husbands for Giovanni’s lunch the second day.  We didn’t want to eat dinner at either so I was glad they let us use them for lunches. Not sure if it’s allowed on all ships. I’ve never tried it before last week. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Used mine for Chops lunch on Adventure last week and my husbands for Giovanni’s lunch the second day.  We didn’t want to eat dinner at either so I was glad they let us use them for lunches. Not sure if it’s allowed on all ships. I’ve never tried it before last week. 

Did you try the meatball at Giovanni’s? Only available at lunch.

10 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Did you try the meatball at Giovanni’s? Only available at lunch.

No.  I ordered fennel and endive salad, but got a big bowl of arugula.  Also ordered bucatini and and got spaghetti. Overall it wasn’t a great experience compared to Jamie’s on Anthem the month before. 

3 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

Good idea - might be worth  a try sometime. I prefer some of the items on the lunch menus, although we don’t usually eat big lunches.

I will confirm that Chops on Adventure are very accommodating and excellent service. I requested a lunchtime option for dinner and was given a dinner entrée size. 

We just did it two weeks in a row on the Allure.  The menu is smaller, but we had two very enjoyable lunches at Chops.  It was nice on embarkation day to have a nice quiet leisurely lunch instead of fighting the crowds in the Windjammer.  And the price was right—-two for $29.99 instead of two for $64.99 for dinner.  Great service food and experience.  We plan to do it again in the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments! We intend to try to use our BOGO for a Chops lunch when we board Mariner in October! It it works, great, if not, no big deal! We're usually satisfied with dinner in the MDR but I have ordered a Chops filet on occasion, which has always been cooked exactly how I like it, medium rare!😋

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

Thanks for the comments! We intend to try to use our BOGO for a Chops lunch when we board Mariner in October! It it works, great, if not, no big deal! We're usually satisfied with dinner in the MDR but I have ordered a Chops filet on occasion, which has always been cooked exactly how I like it, medium rare!😋

We had the 8 ounce filet medium rare and it was cooked perfectly and was delicious.

• Like 1