Anyone currently on Rhapsody?

Wondering if someone currently on the Rhapsody will share their experience?  We sail in June and I have been reading about the staffing shortages and food situations (quality of meals, food prep, etc) on other ships and in different  areas. 

I am hoping that those onboard are enjoying their cruise and finding the usual, top quality experience we love and are accustomed to from RCCL.

Thanks and cheers! 

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Rhapsody re-entered service today, Monday.

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Rhapsody re-entered service today, Monday.

I know, that’s why I’m anxiously awaiting any reports 😅. I had been following while she was in her short dry dock. Thanks Merion_Mom! 

31 minutes ago, okiedrifters said:

I hope not…I saw that too. 

Smaller ships get less of everything. Smaller Budget, etc. They can tell you that's not true but I'm not buying it.

Following as well! Day 2 of her back in service...hopefully someone can report over the next few days or sailings. I sail 6/13 so will report back then if we don't hear anything sooner. 

57 minutes ago, cot427 said:

Following as well! Day 2 of her back in service...hopefully someone can report over the next few days or sailings. I sail 6/13 so will report back then if we don't hear anything sooner. 

Thank you, I’ll be looking forward to your posts! We sail on the June 20th. I loved Rhapsody when we have been on her previously! 🤞🏻She’s still a “grand old girl” 😅

• Like 2

My adult son is on board the Rhapsody this week and texted us just a few comments so far. He said that they were signed up for specialty dining on days one and two but specialty dining was postponed until at least day 3. He said the buffet was fully open, no comment on food quality. He thought service is not up to speed yet although they are trying. Weather was nice, up in the 80s. If I hear more I will let you know. It sounds like a great itinerary. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yoshi said:

My adult son is on board the Rhapsody this week and texted us just a few comments so far. He said that they were signed up for specialty dining on days one and two but specialty dining was postponed until at least day 3. He said the buffet was fully open, no comment on food quality. He thought service is not up to speed yet although they are trying. Weather was nice, up in the 80s. If I hear more I will let you know. It sounds like a great itinerary. 

Thank you so much! 🤞🏻your son has a wonderful cruise! 

Hi, DS did the Chefs Table and said it was "worth it" and it included 7 drinks so it got loud, he only sends limited texts so didn't provide pictures or extensive detail. He enjoyed the comedian/magician and was thinking about attending a vocalist doing a tribute to Celine. He will ask about the passenger count. I believe they will be in Santorini tomorrow doing a ships tour. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yoshi said:

Hi, DS did the Chefs Table and said it was "worth it" and it included 7 drinks so it got loud, he only sends limited texts so didn't provide pictures or extensive detail. He enjoyed the comedian/magician and was thinking about attending a vocalist doing a tribute to Celine. He will ask about the passenger count. I believe they will be in Santorini tomorrow doing a ships tour. 

Thank you for the report!  If you get a chance would you ask about the food/service in the main dining room? Can’t wait for Santorini! 

10 hours ago, yoshi said:

Sounds like no Buy One Get One Free coupon for specialty dining being used on day 1 and day 2 on this ship either like reported earlier on other ships.  Sure hope this isn't becoming the new norm?

• Like 1

DS only went to main dining room on the first night and reported "marginal", french onion soup and caesar salad were good but prime rib was tough and overcooked. He said the breakfast buffet is good with omelets and waffles.

They dined at Chefs Table, Giovannis, and Chops Grille which were all very good.

He heard they are sailing with about 1,700 passengers but the staff is limited so spread thin. 

• Like 1

DS also said tours have been fantastic (all ports are new destinations for him) they have all been under 30 people with the tour in Turkey there were only 8 in their group. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yoshi said:

DS only went to main dining room on the first night and reported "marginal", french onion soup and caesar salad were good but prime rib was tough and overcooked. He said the breakfast buffet is good with omelets and waffles.

They dined at Chefs Table, Giovannis, and Chops Grille which were all very good.

He heard they are sailing with about 1,700 passengers but the staff is limited so spread thin. 

Thank you so much for the reports! It is good to hear! We are only doing private excursions for our group of 4 to avoid being jammed in the cruise ship excursion buses. With numbers on the rise, not worth the extra risk to ruin a trip that’s been delayed 3 summers already. Glad to hear your DS and family are in small groups also. Look forward to any more news you will share! Thanks again Yoshi! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, cot427 said:

Any more recent reports from Rhapsody? I board Monday next week, so will report back then, but just curious! 

I will be anxiously awaiting your posts next week! We board the following Monday! Safe travels!