Do you save money by booking dining before the cruise?

On 5/24/2022 at 9:13 PM, biksgirl said:

I'm in the app right now and can't see the menus. Could you walk me through where to find this? sorry, not the best at technology!

You won't be able to see it until you're actually on the cruise. You can hop on the RC app using the ship's Wifi for free. You can view the restaurants under the "Dining" icon and then choose the restaurant you want and it will show you pricing and menus from there. You can even book on that screen.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 8:42 AM, Biker19 said:

Under your order history in the planner (website), there should be an option to cancel and maybe modify a previous order.

Thanks - only have a cancel option.  I just booked a second date, and will cancel one when I have more itinerary info.  The $30 difference wasn't worth spending anymore time on 🙂 

I do appreciate your  help!

With regard to the Hibachi, I once waited until we were onboard and, because of their limited seating, the available dining times were very limited so I'm buying and reserving in advance.  I don't see the Hibachi going down in price on HOTS more than what's available during their "Memorial Day Sale".

When I try to book Chops plus 1 the only available times are 9pm on the 1st 2 nights but if I book chops only there are plenty of other times available those first 2 nights. Are we able to reserve chops plus 1 with the late time then switch the time when onboard?

52 minutes ago, SanzD said:

When I try to book Chops plus 1 the only available times are 9pm on the 1st 2 nights but if I book chops only there are plenty of other times available those first 2 nights. Are we able to reserve chops plus 1 with the late time then switch the time when onboard?

Probably a glitch....I would try calling and reserving the package by phone so that the representative can see what is actually available.

2 minutes ago, mcmarya said:

Since we are talking dining, I have a curiosity question since I haven't been on RCCL for awhile.  Are there menu items that are available every night?

Yes, they're listed on the menu as "classics", several appetizers, main courses and desserts that show up every night, such as the French onion soup, the NY strip streak and the Royal cheesecake, to name just one of each type.

You can see them in the app, if you have it.