Dress Code on European Voyage

ggo85

On 6/26/2022 at 1:23 AM, jollyjones said:

My post stemmed from Mrs Luxury calling my previous post crazy. Which I found a bit rude. 

My packing makes sense to me. 
Not wearing a dress makes sense to me. 

I don’t care how others pack, I’m just illustrating my way of doing it. Which isn’t crazy to me. 

I took her comment not as calling you or anyone "crazy, weird", but in the old hippie vein, "crazy, amazing".  Sometimes written words don't read as meant.

I have found the information on this thread really useful, even if my first SS non-expedition cruise is twelve months away.  I used to travel with just a carry on, but I now like to wear outfits I rarely get the chance to at home any more. Lots of mix and match too.  I love palazzo pants day and night: it's the top that makes the difference.  I also love bright shoes, but try to limit myself to a couple of pairs that will go with everything at night, plus two pairs of good walking sandals; I don't wear trainers.

Edit re lost luggage.

I also now take a complete change of clothes and underwear in my carry on. Even two extra tops. I have learned from others who have lost luggage for a few days.

Edited by Port Power
Lost luggage
  • Like 3

On 7/1/2022 at 9:38 PM, SusieQft said:

…some of us are new here and a current thread is much easier to find than digging through the archives.

Ah the joy of laziness that creates clutter.  

I can remember a lesson given here many, many years ago by a super seasoned passenger of Silversea that basically said, “What is easier for one may be a waste of time for another, because the one doesn’t respect the other.”  In essence, it’s a matter of respect to only pose questions to those when we have exhausted our own ability to find the answer ourselves. Hence why dress code threads are “done to death” as you mentioned.