Covid Testing Requirements for sailings from Canada to USA?

swdke

In September I'll be on a cruise out of Quebec City, Canada and disembarking in New York.  What are the Covid requirements for entering the US?  And how are we to complete requirements while on Ship?  Thanks.

26 minutes ago, swdke said:

In September I'll be on a cruise out of Quebec City, Canada and disembarking in New York.  What are the Covid requirements for entering the US?  And how are we to complete requirements while on Ship?  Thanks.

It is my understanding that if the ship’s disembarkation port is in NY, your pre cruise test is sufficient.  We’ve only cruised on closed loop sailings in the US except for once.  Flying back into the US requires a negative CoVid test but the sailings that disembarked in the US did not.  

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

It is my understanding that if the ship’s disembarkation port is in NY, your pre cruise test is sufficient.  We’ve only cruised on closed loop sailings in the US except for once.  Flying back into the US requires a negative CoVid test but the sailings that disembarked in the US did not.  

You are correct.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, swdke said:

Assuming you are fully vaccinated with the Canadian approved vaccines, there is no testing requirement for you to enter Canada but you might be selected for random testing at the border if you are driving or after you land if you are flying to Canada. And remember to download and complete the ArrivCan app before you travel to Canada.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid

Edited by DirtyDawg