Current Passenger Counts on Davina

Mrs. Walkinman

28 minutes ago, Mrs. Walkinman said:

We will be sailing on the Davina in about 3 weeks.  Does anyone know how full the ship has been recently?

Are you on a 3 night/ 4 night/ or 7 night?  Makes a big difference.  

3 minutes ago, Elkins45 said:

I was on May 1-8 and there were about 600 people. It was wonderful.

I got on after you. I heard 800-1100 and my guess would be the 1100 was more accurate. 

Still wonderful 😂

We were 4 night? 

I’m curious to know which cruises are sailing fuller. Long or short. Or maybe this answered that question 😂

Edited by 1kaper

So (per a conversation with a high ranking officer on the Divina) lately the 3 nights have been "party" cruises with the typical bachelorette parties, grad parties, and people looking for a weekend of fun.  The 4 nighters that leave on Sunday are harder to sell and generally a value on a per night basis because for people who work Monday - Fridays it is just as easy to take the full week off and sail for a full 7 nights than use what is in effect a week's worth of vacation and sail for only 4. 

Those lucky guests with plenty of time on their hands (retirees, perhaps) can book 7 nights or longer as back to backs but these same guests might still be holding off given pandemic uncertainty from week to week.  

So in terms of occupancy lately the 3 nights have been the highest and also full of "less experienced" cruisers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OH NO! I'm booked on a 3-nt cruise coming up soon. As a seasoned cruiser looking for some quiet R&R on a long weekend, I am now wondering what I've gone and done! 🤦‍♀️

I had read and saw recent videos indicating the MSC cruises have still been fairly empty ... Ya'll I think I'm having buyers remorse!

6 hours ago, texangal39 said:

OH NO! I'm booked on a 3-nt cruise coming up soon. As a seasoned cruiser looking for some quiet R&R on a long weekend, I am now wondering what I've gone and done! 🤦‍♀️

I had read and saw recent videos indicating the MSC cruises have still been fairly empty ... Ya'll I think I'm having buyers remorse!

Book Yacht Club and you'll get some great R&R. Leaving tomorrow on a 4 day 3 day B2B on Divina in The Yacht Club.😀

• Like 3

Not to scare you, but to provide what can happen, I just read this for the Norwegian Spirit. It shows what can happen when passengers have mandatory testing midway through the cruise. Note that most of the COVID positive passengers were asymptomatic.

Just returned home from a 12 day cruise on the Norwegian Spirit that ended yesterday.  Started in Hawaii, with stops at Maui, Kauai, and the Big Island.  Then headed 2,000 miles south (4 days at sea) to French Polynesia where we had stops at Raiatea, Bora Bora, Moorea, and Tahiti.  The cruise was fantastic!  Great ship, awesome ports, and excellent service.  Not a mention of Covid for almost the entire cruise.  On Monday, we all had to take Covid tests on board in order to fly out of Tahiti on Tuesday.  Once results started coming in, it wasn't good!!  Numerous positive test results, mostly from people that were asymptomatic.  Once a passenger tested positive, a blue sticker was placed on their door.  Early yesterday morning, prior to disembarkation, I made a trip around decks 9, 10, and 11 (the main passenger decks, but not the only decks with passenger cabins.) On those three decks, I counted over 80 cabins with blue dots.  Some of those may have had both passengers with Covid, others maybe only one of the passengers.  Based on what I observed, I think it's pretty safe to say there were at least 120 positive cases on board, and that's probably a conservative estimate.  Keep in mind that there were only 1100 passengers total, and who knows how many staff members have tested  positive.  

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 5:45 AM, miataman19 said:

Book Yacht Club and you'll get some great R&R. Leaving tomorrow on a 4 day 3 day B2B on Divina in The Yacht Club.😀

Thank you for the recommendation. I purposely didn’t book Yacht Club since it’s such a short cruise and it seemed the cost was way above what was necessary for that length of time. I’m now trying to decide if I’ll tough it out or if I’ll pay to upgrade. I already submitted a bid on an upgrade to a premium or Aurea balcony, but these keep me with the horde of party people. Decisions, decisions!

On 6/4/2022 at 8:59 AM, Markanddonna said:

I predict the summer cruises will be like the March spring break cruises on MSC: relatively crowded, understaffed, and some shortage of basic food items. They ran out of cartons of milk after day 2 in March. 

YIKES!! Guess I need to figure out if I want to spend another $1200 to move to YC or tough it out. YC seems very attractive, but when I booked my cabin I felt like the cost was so much for a 3-day trip. Now, I’m reevaluating. Guess my cruise research & booking skills are a bit rusty after all this time 🤣

On 5/27/2022 at 7:59 AM, HipHipOnAShip said:

So (per a conversation with a high ranking officer on the Divina) lately the 3 nights have been "party" cruises with the typical bachelorette parties, grad parties, and people looking for a weekend of fun.  The 4 nighters that leave on Sunday are harder to sell and generally a value on a per night basis because for people who work Monday - Fridays it is just as easy to take the full week off and sail for a full 7 nights than use what is in effect a week's worth of vacation and sail for only 4. 

Those lucky guests with plenty of time on their hands (retirees, perhaps) can book 7 nights or longer as back to backs but these same guests might still be holding off given pandemic uncertainty from week to week.  

So in terms of occupancy lately the 3 nights have been the highest and also full of "less experienced" cruisers.

Thanks for this information and assessment.

Cheers

• Like 1