Greek Cruise on the Jade - July 2022

hipmomof3

Hello fellow Greece travelers!

How is the mask situation on the Jade right now?  I see that NCL is still requiring a mask onboard, even though I thought that Greece had dropped that requirement earlier t his month. Are folks wearing masks? Is it being enforced?  I am a rule follower, so I will do whatever is required, but just trying to plan for my family of 5!

On Greece & Italy sailings only:

Local government regulations require all guests to wear masks onboard while indoors except for when actively eating or drinking or when in their stateroom. Guests will be required to wear masks outdoors when social distancing is not possible. Please visit Cruise Travel Requirements by Country for more information about the destinations and mask type required.

We will continue to monitor public health guidance, including from the CDC, at the time of your voyage and modify requirements accordingly.

• Like 1

I believe it is Greek and Italian authorities that require masks to be worn on board when sailing between different regions in these to countries (which is actually what a cruise is) - it is not a rule that NCL have "just because they want to"....

• Like 1

I'm on the Jade now. Cooperation with the mask req is pretty good on board and in tour buses. It wasn't as good today on the lower, enclosed deck of the tender returning from Santorini when everyone was tired and hot, and I wished that I had chosen the upper, open, deck. On shore in Greece masks are required indoors.