What are my options?

stevetod

I am booked on the October 6th Equinox sailing. Covid numbers are rapidly rising and unsure what to do. What options do I have?  My final payment date is June 28th. I applied FCC as a deposit and can cover the remaining cost of the cruise with remaining FCC. Before final payment can I cancel the cruise and book next March? My FCC expires May 6th of 2023.  After final payment I assume there is no way to move the cruise? If not I either go or lose the FCC?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I've just read through Celebrity's Cruise with Confidence information.   Before final payment, you should be able to cancel and rebook using your FCC as long as you use it before it expires.  But I'm confused by some of the wording on the CWC page.  I think I'm not understanding something here.  Maybe others can help or contact your travel agent.  Here's a link....

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

I believe you can cancel before final payment and transfer your FCC to any cruise that is before your FCC expiration date. Good that they moved those to up to 1 year from the original sail date. 

In my experience I've found it easier to move the cruise to a different date maintaining your booking number is possible prior to final payment.   If a NR you will be accessed a $100 pp fee but they sometimes waive it.

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

In my experience I've found it easier to move the cruise to a different date maintaining your booking number is possible prior to final payment.   If a NR you will be accessed a $100 pp fee but they sometimes waive it.

Lucky you.  The last NRD deposit cruise that I changed, I was charged the $100 pp.  it showed up as a $100 extra charge on my new cruise. . (It was a transfer).

Are  you still booking with Refundable deposit (with a higher cost) and hoping the fare does not increase?  Then changing to NRD before your  final payment?

The cost difference between NRD and RD has lead me booking with NRD.  I figure it is worth the $100 pp risk.  I fear that either the price will increase or there will be no availability of my category later.