Alaska Land and Sea

chopper825

Doing an Alaska land and sea tour on June 6th. Land first. We booked EZ Air. Can anyone tell me when we get cruise documents and luggage tags since we are on land 5 days prior to cruise. We obviously can't check i  to cruise as we will be on land. A little confused.  Also does our cruise suitcase disappear while we are on land or is it delivered with our land luggage. Thanks.

You will have one set of luggage to keep on your land portion. Set aside a  small carryon for the train if you need. They will collect the larger  cruise case night before and it will magically appear in your room on the ship !   We watched them load the trailer in Fairbanks one morning before our excursion. You should have a suitcase you will tag with "See Me Onboard" that they will wisk away day after you start your land portion. No need for high heels , sport coats and dresses on land!  We got our welcome packet at the airport that will have your info.

You should have your docs and tags in your personalizer now. Under print travel summary. I am old fashioned, I like to have it in print also.

We have our 3rd Alaska trip in Sept and would love to hear how things went on your land portion. So many changes . The old adage applies, "Bring half the clothes and twice the money". Most of all...enjoy....It's beautiful.

I think we may be on this same trip as you.  You get all the cruise documents now, just login to Princess website and you can print your luggage tags right now.  You also will want to download the Medallion App and start that process if you haven’t done so already.  

You get 1 suitcase per person that will travel with you on land.  Anything else will be send directly to the ship and meet you there.

Thank you. I did find the luggage tags. I assume we put these on after our many flights to Fairbanks. As far as documents we usually have our boarding pass but I dont see that anywhere.  Am I missing it. We are on the Majestic boarding on the 11th. Have Medallion downloaded witn as much as we can do at this point. I guess we do health questions whole we are on land portion. I have ArrivalCan downloaded. Just really worried about getting there. So it sounds like transfer pick up will have documents at airport. We dont arrive till after midnight.  Lots of anxiety. 

There aren't boarding passes anymore. You have medallion or just printed paperwork and your passport. I print that whole mess out so I have the itinerary too. P!us it shows the perks and credits in case there is an issue. Probably overkill but, that's me ! Or at least take pics with your phone.  I am not good with surprises .

There was a kiosk at the airport that had all the envelopes with tags, tickets, room keys etc. Princess does a great job of getting that ready so no standing in long lines.  All hotels were just walk in and go to your room.On the train they had representatives checking you in to the ship prior. Walk off the train , thru security and to your room. Like magic. Well,, at least that was 5 years ago.

I can tell you to relax but come Sept I will be panicking myself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jinpasco said:

Just reading Princess is now requiring a test prior to land portion. One more hoop. Just a heads up.

I was just read that which makes sense but if everyone doesn't read their email thoroughly very easy to skim over it. Our cruisetour begins on the 10th although we don't meet everyone till breakfast on the 11th. We are arriving in Fairbanks on the 9th so will either have to do it that night when we get in or Friday morning. I had 2 proctored tests for our trip home so guess I need to get a couple more as we are staying overnight in Vancouver to get an early flight out the next day..

I think it should have been a separate email with the change as it could go unnoticed for many people.

On 5/29/2022 at 12:32 PM, chopper825 said:

Thank you. I did find the luggage tags. I assume we put these on after our many flights to Fairbanks. As far as documents we usually have our boarding pass but I dont see that anywhere.  Am I missing it. We are on the Majestic boarding on the 11th. Have Medallion downloaded witn as much as we can do at this point. I guess we do health questions whole we are on land portion. I have ArrivalCan downloaded. Just really worried about getting there. So it sounds like transfer pick up will have documents at airport. We dont arrive till after midnight.  Lots of anxiety. 

I hope after your trip you can find the time to tell us of your adventures, both good and not so good.  Looking forward to hearing how things are progressing .Reading some of these posts makes me rethink our decision to travel far. May your trip be uneventful !

Safe travels. Mary Ellen