Pre purchasing OBC ?

Hi all.  Does anyone know if you can still pre purchase OBC with RCCL? 
we have 2 x  cruises booked on Quantam (back to back) Dec/Jan. Out of Aus (US onboard)We have been on many cruises with RCCL and I recall a few years ago, I purchased prior (have a feeling it was in the royal gifts section) when you log into RCCL. I can’t see it there anymore at all.  Is this still an option? 
thanks in advance 😀

Edited by Flojoe8

2 hours ago, Flojoe8 said:

Hi all.  Does anyone know if you can still pre purchase OBC with RCCL? 
we have 2 x  cruises booked on Quantam (back to back) Dec/Jan. Out of Aus (US onboard)We have been on many cruises with RCCL and I recall a few years ago, I purchased prior (have a feeling it was in the royal gifts section) when you log into RCCL. I can’t see it there anymore at all.  Is this still an option? 
thanks in advance 😀

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/how-do-i-purchase-on-board-credit-?country=AUS

5 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Why do passengers want to buy OBC in advance?

It helps them budget for onboard costs so less or no big bill at the end of their cruise.

If going on ships with USD onboard costs they can buy the OBC when the exchange rate is more favourable.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It helps them budget for onboard costs so less or no big bill at the end of their cruise.

If going on ships with USD onboard costs they can buy the OBC when the exchange rate is more favourable.

I can understand that.  I used to buy cruises from an American Coy and kept an eye on  the currency conversion.  

On 6/4/2022 at 4:56 AM, MMDown Under said:

Why do passengers want to buy OBC in advance?

All Royal caribbean onboard spending is in US $ , using AU $ to buy OBC had great rate on conversion before. 

On 6/4/2022 at 10:04 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

For both those reasons and sometimes more. Cashing out and saves carrying all that cash for the whole trip can be handy as well.