Hotel Scandic Kødbyen

Hi my husband and I will be sailing next year and are looking for a wheelchair accessible hotel in Copenhagen.   Got a quote from Scandic Kødbyen for a wheelchair room but don't know anything about Copenhagen.   Is this a decent area?  How can we get to hotel from airport?  Any suggestions about this or other wheelchair accessible hotels/restaurants?  

On 5/30/2022 at 12:19 PM, ChollaChick said:

Hi my husband and I will be sailing next year and are looking for a wheelchair accessible hotel in Copenhagen.   Got a quote from Scandic Kødbyen for a wheelchair room but don't know anything about Copenhagen.   Is this a decent area?  How can we get to hotel from airport?  Any suggestions about this or other wheelchair accessible hotels/restaurants?  

There’s a thread on CC called Danish Viking which may be better suited to finding your specific answers.  Some very knowledgeable people answer all your questions about Copenhagen. I have been there twice and am going back next year. I feel that every area is safe. I took the Metro from the airport to my hotel in Nyhavn, but didn’t pay attention to the accessibility of travel.  Good Luck with planning your trip. 

3 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

There’s a thread on CC called Danish Viking which may be better suited to finding your specific answers.  

The thread was not called Danish Viking, rather Danish viking started the Wonderful Copenhagen thread each year until 2020. The thread has now been renamed Wonderful Copenhagen 2020-2022 and is pinned at the top of the Northern Europe & Baltic Sea forum. Unfortunately, Danish viking doesn't seem to have been back, but other locals are very helpful.

On 5/30/2022 at 6:19 PM, ChollaChick said:

Is this a decent area? 

Not my favorite area - many restaurants and ‘noise’ - also at the edge of ‘The Red District Area’ - however the area is safe - personally I would look for another hotel - many Scandic hotels in Copenhagen.

How can we get to hotel from airport? 

I believe a taxi is the only option apart from trains. Taxi’s available at the airport.

Any suggestions about this or other wheelchair accessible hotels/restaurants?  

Most hotels has wheelchair accessible rooms - also most restaurants. Check with hotel and restaurant at time of booking.

17 hours ago, gnome12 said:

The thread was not called Danish Viking, rather Danish viking started the Wonderful Copenhagen thread each year until 2020. The thread has now been renamed Wonderful Copenhagen 2020-2022 and is pinned at the top of the Northern Europe & Baltic Sea forum. Unfortunately, Danish viking doesn't seem to have been back, but other locals are very helpful.

I corrected my suggestion. See post #3.