Almost Live-Voyager, Barcelona-Southampton, June 6-23

Well my friends, this is it. Not exactly the cruise of my dreams, but I’m still glad we came. This was our first Regent cruise since 2006, but I hope it won’t be the last. We booked Greece, Israel, Turkey for May, 2024. 2023 has other cancelled/rescheduled cruises on Celebrity and Azamara. 

Last nights dinner in Prime 7 was the best yet - or, maybe having restored taste buds made a difference? Anyway, excellent bone-in veal chop, crab cake to start, and too much ice cream! DH had the smoked filet of salmon. Very good and a nice presentation. Wonderful service too! Dominic, the maitre d’ is charming and efficient. 

This morning’s disembarkation was smooth as silk. Our driver from Trenchard was waiting for us just outside the terminal, and an uneventful drive to LHR. Our flight back to Chicago appears to be on time, so we should be home soon.

For those of you wondering about the vibration in the aft suites, put me in the camp of “ yes, it’s noticeable, but not irritating “. I would book PHC 881 again in a heartbeat. The huge balcony, calming view of the wake, and the quiet location made it ideal for us. My quarantine cabin, 845, was less vibrating but more noisy from the hallway. And the balcony is tiny!

Thanks for following along. I hope to read about your travels and see you on board soon!

Erin

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2022 at 2:15 AM, asnaleah said:

Quarantine day 4 was strikingly similar to Q day 3. I suspect today will be the same as well, at least until I get tested at 5:30 pm. If negative, I will have 24 hours more in quarantine and tested again tomorrow before I can be released. Fingers crossed, but I’m trying not to be too hopeful.

DH stayed on board yesterday. I was disappointed for him, but the heat was just too much and he would have had to stay ashore for 7 hours due to the ship’s moving from the city of Bordeaux to the working port of Le Verdun. I did sit on the balcony for a time but it was even hot with the sailing breeze. Today it is cool and rainy. 

I continue to have excellent treatment. The medical team comes by twice a day to check my vitals and the Doctor calls every afternoon. My butler calls at least twice a day to see if he can do anything for me. I can order anything I like from any of the restaurants and the food has been very good. As many others have noted, the WiFi is pitiful. 

I hope the rain stops enough for DH to take the shuttle into town. Lorient was heavily bombed during the war due to it being used as a German U-Boat base. The rebuilt city is full of mid-century architecture. Have I mentioned DH is an architect? The coastline is beautiful. 

Follow up question for you: Did you file a claim with your travel insurer for the portion of your cruise fare covering the trip interruption of your quarantine period? If so, how did it go?

15 hours ago, wishIweretravelling said:

Follow up question for you: Did you file a claim with your travel insurer for the portion of your cruise fare covering the trip interruption of your quarantine period? If so, how did it go?

I have filed a claim. The insurance company acknowledged receipt of my documentation and assigned a claim number. It is taking 3-4 months right now due to the continuing high rate of claims. Steve and Kim from trip insurance store.com are assisting me.