Almost Live-Voyager, Barcelona-Southampton, June 6-23

Quarantine day 4 was strikingly similar to Q day 3. I suspect today will be the same as well, at least until I get tested at 5:30 pm. If negative, I will have 24 hours more in quarantine and tested again tomorrow before I can be released. Fingers crossed, but I’m trying not to be too hopeful.

DH stayed on board yesterday. I was disappointed for him, but the heat was just too much and he would have had to stay ashore for 7 hours due to the ship’s moving from the city of Bordeaux to the working port of Le Verdun. I did sit on the balcony for a time but it was even hot with the sailing breeze. Today it is cool and rainy. 

I continue to have excellent treatment. The medical team comes by twice a day to check my vitals and the Doctor calls every afternoon. My butler calls at least twice a day to see if he can do anything for me. I can order anything I like from any of the restaurants and the food has been very good. As many others have noted, the WiFi is pitiful. 

I hope the rain stops enough for DH to take the shuttle into town. Lorient was heavily bombed during the war due to it being used as a German U-Boat base. The rebuilt city is full of mid-century architecture. Have I mentioned DH is an architect? The coastline is beautiful. 

Quarantine day 4 was strikingly similar to Q day 3. I suspect today will be the same as well, at least until I get tested at 5:30 pm. If negative, I will have 24 hours more in quarantine and tested again tomorrow before I can be released. Fingers crossed, but I’m trying not to be too hopeful.

DH stayed on board yesterday. I was disappointed for him, but the heat was just too much and he would have had to stay ashore for 7 hours due to the ship’s moving from the city of Bordeaux to the working port of Le Verdun. I did sit on the balcony for a time but it was even hot with the sailing breeze. Today it is cool and rainy. 

I continue to have excellent treatment. The medical team comes by twice a day to check my vitals and the Doctor calls every afternoon. My butler calls at least twice a day to see if he can do anything for me. I can order anything I like from any of the restaurants and the food has been very good. As many others have noted, the WiFi is pitiful. 

I hope the rain stops enough for DH to take the shuttle into town. Lorient was heavily bombed during the war due to it being used as a German U-Boat base. The rebuilt city is full of mid-century architecture. Have I mentioned DH is an architect? The coastline is beautiful. 

So sorry you got Covid!  Ugh, what a disappointment.  Sounds like Regent is dealing with it very humanely....I read on the Celebrity board about Covid positive people being put in Oceanview cabins with no way to get fresh air or even the slightest change of scenery.  I hope the next test is a big, beautiful NEGATIVE!

Joanie

• Like 1

Negative! Now to wait until tomorrow evening and hopefully negative 2! Then I will be free to move about!

Our stop in Lorient was cancelled due to high winds and a very narrow waterway. So, it ended up being a cold, rainy, windy sea day. From the sound of it, the crew rallied to provide fun activities on board. I continue to get excellent care in quarantine.

Many thanks to all for your good wishes!

• Like 13

I'm thrilled you tested negative. Fingers crossed for tomorrow! I must say you've had the most positive attitude. It would be easy to have a full blown pity party.

Just curious - are the quarantine cabins ones at the back of the ship?  My husband and I are booked on Voyager in November and I was noticing that several of the cabins on 6 and 7 in the aft are blocked (not even showing cabin numbers) and I was guessing that was for spacing out crew or quarantine purposes. 

Christie and Greg

Atlanta, GA

I am so happy for you that you received a negative test.  As good as the food and service are on Regent it is not the same as going ashore.  Hope the rest of your travels are uneventful and you will  be able to enjoy a full cruise soon.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mariettagal said:

I'm thrilled you tested negative. Fingers crossed for tomorrow! I must say you've had the most positive attitude. It would be easy to have a full blown pity party.

Just curious - are the quarantine cabins ones at the back of the ship?  My husband and I are booked on Voyager in November and I was noticing that several of the cabins on 6 and 7 in the aft are blocked (not even showing cabin numbers) and I was guessing that was for spacing out crew or quarantine purposes. 

Christie and Greg

Atlanta, GA

I am on deck 8, mid ships. I know there are others around me. I was told the cabin choice was due to upgraded ventilation. I imagine it’s easier for the crew to have us located near each other.

2 hours ago, asnaleah said:

I am on deck 8, mid ships. I know there are others around me. I was told the cabin choice was due to upgraded ventilation. I imagine it’s easier for the crew to have us located near each other.

Oh, I thought you would be on Deck 6 since I have seen crew in blue lab coats working there. Glad for your neg. test.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mariettagal said:

Christie and Greg

Atlanta, GA

We are booked on Voyager (July 30) in Suite 650 and was concerned as well that we would be arbitrarily switched!  

- my TA responded:

<<No, you are not in a quarantine suite.
They allocated some suites at the beginning of COVID where guests could isolate should the need arise.
They are the blank white spaces at the aft on 6 and 7:>>

thumbnail?appid=aolwebmail&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=8

Well asnaleah, I see that you are on your way to St Peter Port and I hope that you now test negative again. The weather forecast for Guernsey tomorrow looks ok, so I hope that you enjoy your trip to this beautiful, little island. 
Good luck with your next test. 

Negative! I’m free!!

So happy to return to my DH and have a few days to enjoy the rest of the cruise! I was released around 5:45 so was able to enjoy a lovely dinner at Chartreuse. The Dover sole was superb and it was so nice to be out again. It took me a few extra minutes to put myself together, having gotten used to just rolling from the bed to the couch, but I managed - even got the lipstick on pretty straight.

Here’s hoping the tender operates smoothly so we can visit the lovely island of Guernsey. I have wanted to visit ever since reading The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society. 

• Like 19

6 hours ago, asnaleah said:

It took me a few extra minutes to put myself together, having gotten used to just rolling from the bed to the couch, but I managed - even got the lipstick on pretty straight.

Glad you are negative again and free to enjoy the rest of your cruise. Thanks for the laugh, I'm sure you looked lovely for your celebration meal together.

6 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Here’s hoping the tender operates smoothly so we can visit the lovely island of Guernsey. I have wanted to visit ever since reading The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society. 

I loved that story as well even though it made me cry in some sections. Enjoy Guernsey, a place I would also like to visit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guerncruising said:

Asnaleah welcome to Guernsey. I do hope that you both have a very pleasant visit to our little island. So glad that you are well enough to visit. 
John

Me too! The tender is operating and the seas are calm. 
Thanks, Erin

• Like 1

👏Yeah! So happy you’re double negative 🥳.

Personally I wouldn’t blame you if you had painted lipstick 💄 on like a clown 🤡!!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise 👏

• Haha 1

We had a lovely day in Guernsey! No excursion because I wasn’t sure I would be free to attend, but the island is quite accessible by foot and taxi. The weather was picture postcard perfect, and everyone we saw was smiling. We took a trolley ride to get a feel for the area and learned a bit of history. Very pleasant. We had lunch at Village East. DH was disappointed that they ran out of cod, so no fish and chips for him. He had lovely grilled sea bass instead - a much healthier choice. I had a seafood sampler, just the right amount of smoked salmon, prawn, shrimp and outstanding crab. Very fresh and delicious! And a nice glass of white wine too. We ate outside and really enjoyed the people watching. Excellent shopping too. 

I have been given paperwork for the insurance and also for my medical record. I guess I’ll be starting that process after we get home. Hopefully it won’t be too arduous.

Dinner tonight at Sette Mari. Thanks to all for your good wishes!

• Like 7