Recent Review of Azamara by Gary Bembridge

Host Jazzbeau

30 minutes ago, andrcan said:

We were blessed with wonderful weather the whole week. 

But they wouldn’t have known the likely weather far ahead enough to agree the date & publicise it before the cruise started.
We’ve always found out when White Night is once we get onboard. We go to book a couple of nights in the Speciality restaurant as soon as we board and check things like when White Night is.

• Like 6

And even then it can change if the weather doesn’t perform as expected. You can identify nights it’s likely to be before you go. Any night you are late in port is a potential white night. And more likely to be one of those nights towards the end of the cruise. But beyond that it’s wait until you board. It may not be advertised when it’s going to be. Sometimes you have to ask. Best place is the speciality restaurant reservations desk in windows 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, uktog said:

And even then it can change if the weather doesn’t perform as expected. You can identify nights it’s likely to be before you go. Any night you are late in port is a potential white night. And more likely to be one of those nights towards the end of the cruise. But beyond that it’s wait until you board. It may not be advertised when it’s going to be. Sometimes you have to ask. Best place is the speciality restaurant reservations desk in windows 

Yes, I believe someone mentioned that on this site so I hoped we'll have it in Lisbon where we stayed overnight. Anyway, lesson learned though I still believe such an event should be publicized better and earlier in advance if the cruise line wants all guests to be happy about it. 

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

But they wouldn’t have known the likely weather far ahead enough to agree the date & publicise it before the cruise started.
We’ve always found out when White Night is once we get onboard. We go to book a couple of nights in the Speciality restaurant as soon as we board and check things like when White Night is.

I would narrow it down to two or three options - on a country intensive cruise that would help. After all, I don't think the captain selects the date randomly: another AZ ship just had the White Night in Malaga too.

6 hours ago, andrcan said:

White Night: it was labeled as one of the highlights, so we did our part and brought white clothes on board. Unlike the Destination Celebration, the date for the White Night was not announced in advance and we only found out about it after the cruise started. It turned out to be in Malaga and for that day, we already planned our own day trip to Granada - the arrangements one has to make months in advance if Alhambra is included. So by the time we got back on board, the dinner was over and we settled for the Windows cafe dinner buffet sitting next to a group of equally unhappy guests who ended up in the same situation and clearly felt left out of the festivities. Would it be that difficult to post the information on the White Night date and hours on the website in advance? I think not.

Would you really have passed up the Alhambra to go to White Night?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Would you really have passed up the Alhambra to go to White Night?

Well, taking an earlier bus back to Malaga was an obvious option to consider and we attempted it but it was too late: the bus was full(