How to Pre-Purchase Internet

BigTimeCruiser

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2022 at 1:50 PM, merryjewelhound said:

You need the app. Click on your cruise and then Medallioin Net. It will offer different plans. A discount is offered if Platinum or Elite.

Is there any discount for purchasing before you board? 

7 minutes ago, drowelf said:

Yes.  For example one device at a time is $10/day before boarding and $15/day once on board.  The Platinum/Elite discount is applied to either price.  My problem is to get the pre-boarding price, you must pay in advance with a credit card.  You can't use onboard credits or gift cards. So if you have a lot of OBC or gift cards and you want to use them, you will pay the higher price.  

Some have said you can get the discounted price on the day you board by asking at the internet café.  Based on recent personal experience and other postings, that is no longer the case.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drowelf said:

Yes (and it irks me when this question keeps coming up because Princess does not publish their complete internet pricing policy).  Rant over ... now to help you.

The pre-cruise pricing is $10/day for a single device access and $20/day for 4-device access.  If you want to connect with more than one device (say a couple sharing, or you have both a phone and a PC like me), then when you go to login the second device, you are warned the first one is connected and you can knock it off and proceed - or not.  Same thing with the 4-device package if you attempt to connect a 5th device it will ask you which one of the other four to bump.

On board, the above prices become $15/day and $25/day. 

Individual days purchased on board cost $20/day for single device.  A very casual user who only needs internet less than half the days of the cruise might elect to buy each day as needed. 

If you are Platinum or Elite in Captain's Circle, then you get 50% off all of the prices mentioned.

1 minute ago, Jersey42 said:

Yes.  For example one device at a time is $10/day before boarding and $15/day once on board.  The Platinum/Elite discount is applied to either price.  My problem is to get the pre-boarding price, you must pay in advance with a credit card.  You can't use onboard credits or gift cards. So if you have a lot of OBC or gift cards and you want to use them, you will pay the higher price.  

Some have said you can get the discounted price on the day you board by asking at the internet café.  Based on recent personal experience and other postings, that is no longer the case.  

Hmm... I was posting at the same time.  Your info is accurate.

As for the discounted price on Day 1, I did not indicate that to @drowelf because it does seem that policy has lapsed.  It was primarily done because of difficulties ordering MedallionNet in advance and also that the discount was not applied at point of purchase.  Now that we do get the discount when ordering, I can understand them removing the Day 1 exception case.

Thanks to everyone for their responses. Not being able to use my OBC as a pre-purchase sucks a little, but then again, we don't have a large amount and I'm sure it will quickly go for other stuff once on-board. So for at least a $5/day discount, it looks like it will pay to pre-purchase for out upcoming 16 Day cruise. 

17 hours ago, drowelf said:

Thanks to everyone for their responses. Not being able to use my OBC as a pre-purchase sucks a little, but then again, we don't have a large amount and I'm sure it will quickly go for other stuff once on-board. So for at least a $5/day discount, it looks like it will pay to pre-purchase for out upcoming 16 Day cruise. 

Just had a fun time with the Medallion App. I did not have the MedallionNet Option on the app as described by other posts even though the app indicated that it was updated. So I uninstalled the app and installed it again. Lo and Behold its now a totally different looking app. It has the MedallionNet and also allows me to make dining reservations. Now I just have to figure out which sea days are formal, as we like the MDR on those nights and specialty dining on the other sea days. 

23 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The pre-cruise pricing is $10/day for a single device access and $20/day for 4-device access.  If you want to connect with more than one device (say a couple sharing, or you have both a phone and a PC like me), then when you go to login the second device, you are warned the first one is connected and you can knock it off and proceed - or not.  Same thing with the 4-device package if you attempt to connect a 5th device it will ask you which one of the other four to bump.

I find it very amusing that the system of devices in use and the "bumping" of others actually works as described.  I suspect this is because IT WASN'T WRITTEN BY THE MEDALLION APP people! 

6 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I find it very amusing that the system of devices in use and the "bumping" of others actually works as described.  I suspect this is because IT WASN'T WRITTEN BY THE MEDALLION APP people! 

Because that has been longstanding code.  The problems are the new and flashy things that are included with the app (Which really go with the current tech philosophy of testing in production).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Apologies! I meant to input my text with the sarcasm font...