Brining wine on at embarkation

Trying to familiarize myself with HAL but I must admit I am not having a ton of success with the search feature on CC and reading the HAL website isn't always helpful as well.

Can my DW and I each bring a 750ml bottle of wine with us when board like other lines? Reading the HAL website it sounds like a corkage fee applies but the wine I would bring on would be to enjoy on our balcony. I don't plan on bringing a bottle to dinner.

Here is a copy and paste from the HAL website:

Revised Policy effective June 1st, 2021

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or any other use except as follows:

Guests may bring Wine and Champagne onboard, however a corkage fee of USD $20.00 (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to each bottle (max 750 ml in volume or less). Limitations apply. Wine brought in quantities deemed to be excessive by the vessel or security will be refused.

Wine purchased during company-sponsored shore excursions that visit local wineries are exempt from the on-board corkage fee (offer limited to one bottle of wine per person).

like other lines? Reading the HAL website it sounds like a corkage fee applies but the wine I would bring on would be to enjoy on our balcony. I don't plan on bringing a bottle to dinner.

Here is a copy and paste from the HAL website:

It does not get any plainer or easier to understand than Guests may bring Wine and Champagne onboard, however a corkage fee of USD $20.00 (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to each bottle (max 750 ml in volume or less).  You bring the wine, you pay the corkage. Easy peasy...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Every adult at least 21 years of age may bring on a 'reasonable' amount of wine. 'Reasonable' is not defined, nor have there been any reports about amounts being challenged as 'unreasonable'. 
Every bottle brought aboard (with an exception or to) is subject to a $20 corkage fee. It does not matter where the wine is to be consumed. 
It is carried aboard, and you are to stop at a table to have the wine checked in, pay the corkage, and the bottle gets a sticker. You may then bring the wine on board, and consume it in private or public with no further charges. 

The one exception to the corkage rule I can think of at the moment is bringing back one bottle from a winery tour taken through HAL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1