Added Club Orange...Overall Cruise Price Increased

Ga_Girl

I booked a VH on Koningsdam for September and then called in to add Club Orange. They took payment for Club Orange and moved me to my new stateroom. The statement that came now has my price point $350 higher. Is that an error on their part?

8 minutes ago, Ga_Girl said:

I booked a VH on Koningsdam for September and then called in to add Club Orange. They took payment for Club Orange and moved me to my new stateroom. The statement that came now has my price point $350 higher. Is that an error on their part?

I assume the $350 is for a 7 day cruise - 2 people.  If it is, $25x2x7 days = $350 for the club Orange.

• Like 2

How many days is your cruise? If it's 7 day's, that's the expected increase for Club Orange ($25/day per person as Dave suggested above) - given that your new stateroom could be priced higher than the CO cost by itself, even before the other benefits associated with Club Orange on the Pinnacle class ships.

Edited by vicd1969

Oh, gosh...you're right. That's the right price point, but she took my card number that day so I assumed she charged me right away!

Edit: She did charge me. Clearly my first HA sailing! She charged me and applied to the balance. All good!

Edited by Ga_Girl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vicd1969 said:

How many days is your cruise? If it's 7 day's, that's the expected increase for Club Orange ($25/day per person as Dave suggested above) - given that your new stateroom could be priced higher than the CO cost by itself, even before the other benefits associated with Club Orange on the Pinnacle class ships.

Glad it worked out!  I sort of figured that was the issue.  In your case you got a very good deal for $350 IMO.

Hopefully you moved from a VH to a VA! That is the entire point of Club Orange. We just got back from the Koningsdam and had Club Orange. We really liked the CO dining room and never set foot in the main dining room. What I did like was you could see the ocean from CO vs. not so much on another ship we were on. The service is really top notch but the only hiccup we had, we had 3 couples in our group and there are only 2 tables for 6. We couldn't eat until 7 due to one couple having to drop off kids at Club HAL. Anyway, we couldn't sit together the first two nights as the tables for 6 were taken. I felt there was a pecking order for who got what table and I did see several cruisers tip the maitre de. One time we were told "first come first serve" but then another night the group came in after us and got the table. It was a running joke of our group but it all worked out fine, a few times we sat 4 at one table and 2 at an adjoining. One of our group is a correspondent on a national news program so we even had some star power. Ha ha. 

1 hour ago, kentuckycruiser said:

Hopefully you moved from a VH to a VA! That is the entire point of Club Orange. We just got back from the Koningsdam and had Club Orange. We really liked the CO dining room and never set foot in the main dining room. What I did like was you could see the ocean from CO vs. not so much on another ship we were on. The service is really top notch but the only hiccup we had, we had 3 couples in our group and there are only 2 tables for 6. We couldn't eat until 7 due to one couple having to drop off kids at Club HAL. Anyway, we couldn't sit together the first two nights as the tables for 6 were taken. I felt there was a pecking order for who got what table and I did see several cruisers tip the maitre de. One time we were told "first come first serve" but then another night the group came in after us and got the table. It was a running joke of our group but it all worked out fine, a few times we sat 4 at one table and 2 at an adjoining. One of our group is a correspondent on a national news program so we even had some star power. Ha ha. 

Oh there is definitely a pecking order.  I pay for my club orange and I generally don’t eat dinner there.  I can tell you that the people in suites generally get the window tables and if there is a wait the suites will generally get seated first.  Just and observation, not a complaint.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Oh there is definitely a pecking order.  I pay for my club orange and I generally don’t eat dinner there.  I can tell you that the people in suites generally get the window tables and if there is a wait the suites will generally get seated first.  Just and observation, not a complaint.

Interesting.  We generally were seated at the same table every night, except one.  It seemed that they were saving that same table for our party of 4.

5 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Interesting.  We generally were seated at the same table every night, except one.  It seemed that they were saving that same table for our party of 4.

Asking as I know you normally book them - were you in a suite for that sailing?

Just now, kazu said:

Asking as I know you normally book them - were you in a suite for that sailing?

We were but the other couple weren't.  Although we got the Neptune through an upsell offer if that comes into play.

3 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

We were but the other couple weren't.  Although we got the Neptune through an upsell offer if that comes into play.

No, the upsell doesn’t come into play.  If you were in a Neptune Suite the other couple would have benefited from that as you are supposed to have priority in dining 😉 

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

No, the upsell doesn’t come into play.  If you were in a Neptune Suite the other couple would have benefited from that as you are supposed to have priority in dining 😉 

I wonder why the table would still be open though almost every night - we did not dine there on several nights.