Traveling with Walker/Rollators

cactusrose

I've posted this on the Travel with Disability board but since we are cruisng with Princess I thought someone might have experience with this issue.

I am traveling with two people who each have a rollator.  They will both need a wheelchair to get on and off the ship.  When boarding the ship I will go with one of them so I can push their rollator.  Then I will go back and do the same for the other.  My question is how do I get both rollators off the ship at the same time?  I can take one of them off but I'm sure they won't let me go back on board for the other one.  Has anyone arranged for a crew member to walk a rollator off the ship while they go off in a wheelchair?  Any other suggestions?

On world cruise where the demographic is fairly elderly, I have seen crew wheeling people off the ship, also when embarking.  I would contact Princess prior to boarding and when on the ship contact passenger service ship to “book” an assistant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cactusrose said:

I've posted this on the Travel with Disability board but since we are cruisng with Princess I thought someone might have experience with this issue.

I am traveling with two people who each have a rollator.  They will both need a wheelchair to get on and off the ship.  When boarding the ship I will go with one of them so I can push their rollator.  Then I will go back and do the same for the other.  My question is how do I get both rollators off the ship at the same time?  I can take one of them off but I'm sure they won't let me go back on board for the other one.  Has anyone arranged for a crew member to walk a rollator off the ship while they go off in a wheelchair?  Any other suggestions?

I have seen a lot of wheelchairs and rollators with the crew helping.

Just let a Princess agent know whenever you need help.  When you first arrive at the port, let someone know and they’ll help you get on too.  

40 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I have seen a lot of wheelchairs and rollators with the crew helping.

Just let a Princess agent know whenever you need help.  When you first arrive at the port, let someone know and they’ll help you get on too.  

Oh, thank you.  I will be getting two wheelchairs to get both people on and off the ship. Getting on the ship is easy because I can follow one person in a wheelchair with their rollator and then go back down and do the same for the other.   Maybe I can get aother crew member to roll one of the rollators off the ship when we disembark.  I'll check with the hotel desk when we board.

2 minutes ago, cactusrose said:

Oh, thank you.  I will be getting two wheelchairs to get both people on and off the ship. Getting on the ship is easy because I can follow one person in a wheelchair with their rollator and then go back down and do the same for the other.   Maybe I can get aother crew member to roll one of the rollators off the ship when we disembark.  I'll check with the hotel desk when we board.

Yes, do that!  Take care.

4 hours ago, cactusrose said:

Do the walkers/ rollators fold up? If so have the wheelchair “ people”/ staff put them on the  back of the wheel chair handles.

Are you traveling with two wheelchairs or will you be using the ones from the princess staff? I’m sure if you’re using the ones that princess provides they provide an attendant to wheel your family members/ friends and they’ll know exactly what to do. I don’t think you have to go retrieving anything. 

16 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Do the walkers/ rollators fold up? If so have the wheelchair “ people”/ staff put them on the  back of the wheel chair handles.

Are you traveling with two wheelchairs or will you be using the ones from the princess staff? I’m sure if you’re using the ones that princess provides they provide an attendant to wheel your family members/ friends and they’ll know exactly what to do. I don’t think you have to go retrieving anything. 

We are using the wheelchairs that Princess provides.   Yes the rollators fold to about 10" wide.  I'll ask the person who gets the wheel chair for us when we arrive what is the best way to get both rollators off at disembarkation.