Help!! ⚠️ We’re stuck at the airport

trotzoll

We’re flying to Rome, but we’re stuck in Lisbon. We missed our connection by a long shot and now can’t get into Rome until after midnight. 

I’m going to cancel our hotel in Rome since we’ll be up early to get to port my 12 and will only be there for a short period of time. 

Questions…

Where should we stay? 

It looks like most of the shuttles won’t be rubbing that late, so will there still be plenty of taxis at that time? 

How should we get from the airport area to port? 

Thank you, in advance for your help. We’re exhausted and frustrated and really can’t think straight at the moment. 

Edited by trotzoll

Yes, while it will be expensive at the last minute the Hilton is your best bet.  Close, easy, clean.

Don't forget to change your pick up for the trip to the port.

Let's hope that this was your statistical bout of trouble for this trip and everything else goes smoothly.

Edited by euro cruiser
  • Like 2

Thanks @euro cruiser. You have helped us out so much with this trip. 

I had purchased train tickets from Rome to the port, but more I’m looking at the bus from the airport. 

I’m having trouble finding the time the bus leaves for port. I’m Site it’s because I’m so tired, but I just can’t seem to find it. 

It may be easier to simply take the Leonardo Express train from the airport to Rome Termini and use the tickets you already have to get to Civitavecchia.

There is a Cotral bus from the airport to the port but the first one of the day isn't until 3:35 PM (arrives 4:52 PM), which is too late for you.

Edited by euro cruiser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, trotzoll said:

Thanks @euro cruiser. You have helped us out so much with this trip. 

I had purchased train tickets from Rome to the port, but more I’m looking at the bus from the airport. 

I’m having trouble finding the time the bus leaves for port. I’m Site it’s because I’m so tired, but I just can’t seem to find it. 

When you are this exhausted you might want to spring for a private transfer to the port. Check with the Hilton and also Rome Cabs.

Good luck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, marazul said:

When you are this exhausted you might want to spring for a private transfer to the port. Check with the Hilton and also Rome Cabs.

Good luck. 

Thank you! We decided to go work a private transfer, and got it set up. 

@euro cruiser@CruiserBruce and @marazul

to the rescue, superheroes within the Cruise Critic universe. Way to go quickly getting things sorted out for a member of the CC community in need! 🏆🥇💯

Hope the rest of your journey is lovely trotzoll, but CC is always here when you need it 🙂 

• Like 2

On 6/9/2022 at 2:21 AM, Host Bonjour said:

@euro cruiser@CruiserBruce and @marazul

to the rescue, superheroes within the Cruise Critic universe. Way to go quickly getting things sorted out for a member of the CC community in need! 🏆🥇💯

Hope the rest of your journey is lovely trotzoll, but CC is always here when you need it 🙂 

There were definitely life savers!! We had a great night sleep at the airport Hilton and a very nice, private ride to the port. 

Thank you all again! 

• Like 2

Glad you got a good sleep and are now on your way!!  I didn't get to tell the front desk at the hilton that you had a flight disruption and ask if they had a 'distressed traveler' rate.  I had a few of these and I received a little discount and i also gave a little discount to a few who were stuck and trying to stay a night at the hotel i worked at.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 2:59 PM, slidergirl said:

Glad you got a good sleep and are now on your way!!  I didn't get to tell the front desk at the hilton that you had a flight disruption and ask if they had a 'distressed traveler' rate.  I had a few of these and I received a little discount and i also gave a little discount to a few who were stuck and trying to stay a night at the hotel i worked at.

I didn't even realize this was a thing. Good to know for the future. 

I turned in my receipts and will hopefully get some money back from my travel insurance. 

I want to thank you as well as @euro cruiser @marazul and @CruiserBruce! You all saved the day for us!

The Hilton was great. In fact, when we got there, they upgraded us to a suite and we had a delicious breakfast in the morning. 

And the tip to get a private transfer was huge! It worked out so well that we decided to use private transfers for the rest of the trip. We were trying to save a little money, but realized it was totally worth having someone get us and our luggage where we needed to go. 

Thank you, thank you everyone!

• Like 3