Anyone sailed on Glory 5/29-6/5?

My wife started to feel sick the last day of this cruise which was June 4th. I noticed on day 3 of the cruise, everyone with Carnival started wearing the KN95 masks. Day 1 and 2, cruise director Leon was not wearing a mask but sure enough on day 3 in the theater, Leon was wearing a KN95 mask. I started feeling sick on yesterday and we have now scheduled a COVID test with Walgreens to see if we in fact have the virus. Do you think Carnival is sweeping outbreaks under the rug?

No doubt they are.  Once people leave the ship CCL has no responsibility to report anything.  And unless people on the ship go to medical for treatment Carnival doesn't know they may have covid.  At this point in time people do not want to have to quarantine in their cabin or as they leave the ship, so I am sure many do not report symptoms to CCL.

• Like 2

What are they sweeping under the rug? That people can get Covid on a cruise ship? Is that a surprise to anyone?

I’m on the Glory now and next week. If I get sick once I leave, oh well. Having a great time sitting here on the beach at Mahogany Bay

• Like 6

Yeah, I'm not sure what you expect them to do. The mitigation measures would be closing and/or restricting venues and requiring masks. I would not want venues restricted and/or closed and enforced mask wearing all over the ship on my cruise. I just assume I'm going to get exposed to Covid when in public places with other people. It's been that way for 2 years now.

• Like 3

Ships are near full capacity and social distancing is non existent. People have stopped using precautions. Carnival has the hand sanitizers, constantly cleaning, highly recommend wearing mask, etc....people are tired of the mandates. I was on the Glory May 22 - 27. Leon (CD) should be following Carnival staff rules which is wearing a mask unless he is where it is not required (such as on stage).

Edited by ledges1
Spelling
  • Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

Yours is not the only report of covid spreading on ships. It's all-over social media. Not many places to avoid catching covid on a cruise ship.  It's no longer will a person catch covid, it's when. I've read of a few cases where the person got so sick, they had to be hospitalized.  

Edited by BasicSailor

7 hours ago, WhoDatNation said:

Do you think Carnival is sweeping outbreaks under the rug?

No more so than any large gatherings.  As far as I understand it, WDW, Disneyland, traveling Broadway shows, concerts, graduations, Skyfest, upcoming Seafair, sporting events, airports (just to name a few) are not tracking covid cases?  I don't understand why cruise ships should be singled out?  

Please... if you are worried about getting covid, don't travel right now, especially on a ship.  Covid is super contagious and it's everywhere.  

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
40 minutes ago, WhoDatNation said:

Update: my wife results just came back and she tested positive

Sorry to hear that, please keeps us updated. Hoping for a quick recovery.

Nothing being swept under any rugs. The CDC ship status page lists Glory, and most ships, as orange. Covid is endemic everywhere, especially in your neck of the woods.

image.png.93ba6abe36bc8f9e754d48ddf8e52cc3.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhoDatNation said:

Update: my wife results just came back and she tested positive

I hope she recovers quickly! If you do not mind, could you share the symptoms she has experienced?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

I hope she recovers quickly! If you do not mind, could you share the symptoms she has experienced?

Headaches, shortness of breath when she walks our dog after 1 block, stuffiness, bad cough and body aches

Just now, WhoDatNation said:

Headaches, shortness of breath when she walks our dog after 1 block, stuffiness, bad cough and body aches

Thanks for sharing. I got sick on Tuesday after my cruise ended Sunday May 27th. I did not have these symptoms. I had a head cold (stuffiness and runny nose). Did not have cough, headache, body aches or fever. This is not the first time I have come home with a cold after a cruise. We did see one person put in quarantine on our cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 11:00 AM, WhoDatNation said:

Do you think Carnival is sweeping outbreaks under the rug?

No, I do not, and there is nothing to show that they are.  Covid is just the new fear on ships, it once was norovirus.  I feel and believe I am less likely to catch Covid will cruising then I do on land.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Would advise everyone to be fully vaccinated!  Along with booster(s) if eligible.  Only makes sense if going to be on a cruise ship.  We love cruising!  Just got back from a B2B in Alaska and have 7 more schedule in the upcoming months.  Try to keep some distance when possible, avoid elevators when possible or peak times, wash, wash, wash hands, we don't do the shows currently and spend as much time outside as possible.  Plenty of folks think & "know" different, but so far so good.  (Knock on wood! LOL)  

• Like 1