Move Up - Cannot Modify TWO bids?

psuboater

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered but I couldn't find it in my searches anywhere. We are sailing on Sunday, and I put in 4 Move Up bids. Two of those bids are telling me they cannot be modified or cancelled. I know if one of the bids cannot be modified it's a good chance it was accepted, but has anyone experienced two bids forbidding modification and what was your end result? Thanks!

Yes.  In one case one bid was accepted about 48 hours before cruising.  We have seen bids frozen a couple days out and usually bid on several cabins.  Most times none of our bids were accepted as we put in a significant bid on one cabin and very small a.ounts on others.

Good luck.  You should know soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Yes.  In one case one bid was accepted about 48 hours before cruising.  We have seen bids frozen a couple days out and usually bid on several cabins.  Most times none of our bids were accepted as we put in a significant bid on one cabin and very small a.ounts on others.

Good luck.  You should know soon.

Thanks! One bid I maxed out on, and the other was a "fair" bid, but actually hoping for the one I maxed out on, even though it was cheaper. On my last cruise I never got past pending, so holding out a little hope!

I have seen this before if you try to go back in and edit/cancel.   This often happens if you use the link to the original bid.    Try the link on the two confirmations that you can't modify.   If you still can't modify you may have won one of the bid or short listed.  

19 minutes ago, psuboater said:

Thanks! Went to the link from the confirmation e-mail after bidding. The two cabins are showing as greyed out pending, while the other two can still be modified. 

I would say you have a good chance of being awarded a cabin.   Usually when I've won and see that I am notified in less than 24 hours.   At 48 hours prior to cruise you will be notified of any bids that were rejected.

How far out are you from sailing? 

Sailing on Sunday, so about 72 hours out at the moment. I'll be keeping an eye on my e-mail tomorrow!

Edit: Now ALL are not able to be modified 😦

Edited by psuboater

Fingers crossed for you.   When I've been in that predicament I was always upgraded.   Sometimes they wait because if they can give you the better suite they can upgrade your room and get two upgrades.

Make sure you check your junk mail and/or check your room.   I had one upgrade I didn't realize I won until my watch buzzed with a credit card alert that a charge had been made by Celebrity.    I have alerts setup for any transaction over a $ amount.

• Like 1

Sadly all 4 of my bids went to expired this morning, but only 2 rejection e-mails. A bit bummed since I had a max bid on one (Family Veranda) but at the end of the day, we're still cruising on Sunday!

My low bid also expired this morning. Sailing is for this Sunday. When I checked, there are still 6 cabins available which begs the question. Why would X prefer to sail with those cabins empty than making  more money by accepting my bid. Just don't get it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

My low bid also expired this morning. Sailing is for this Sunday. When I checked, there are still 6 cabins available which begs the question. Why would X prefer to sail with those cabins empty than making  more money by accepting my bid. Just don't get it.

Agreed! (Summit?) I had a max bid of $250pp for the Family Veranda, and it was still showing open this morning. I asked how much it would be to upgrade and it was $1500. Sadly, my dreams of seeing Bermuda from an aft cabin will have to remain in my dreams 🙂

On 6/10/2022 at 11:14 AM, psuboater said:

Sadly all 4 of my bids went to expired this morning, but only 2 rejection e-mails. A bit bummed since I had a max bid on one (Family Veranda) but at the end of the day, we're still cruising on Sunday!

Sorry to hear.   I've had that happen before.   I've always had the same attitude.  I was happy with my cabin but would have enjoyed a an upgrade.   No go out and enjoy your cruise and next time you may be rewarded with an upgrade.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, psuboater said:

Agreed! (Summit?) I had a max bid of $250pp for the Family Veranda, and it was still showing open this morning. I asked how much it would be to upgrade and it was $1500. Sadly, my dreams of seeing Bermuda from an aft cabin will have to remain in my dreams 🙂

I was on a cruise and the RS was open and I had bid mid-range (1,800)  and was rejected.   It was still available when I boarded and asked how much to upgrade and they wanted $3,500 which was more than if I had paid full price to upgrade pre-cruise.     They sailed an it remained open for the entire cruise.   Greedy Revenue Manager.