Mariner Deluxe Verandah Tub Showers

I am 6' 2" and just got off another ship where the combo tub/ shower didn't work for me.  I could not stand up in the tub/shower due to low ceiling and tub elevation. 

We are considering Mariner WC guarantee but won't if the combo ceilings are similarly low, the risk being unacceptable.

Do you folks have experience with the combos in Concierge class and below staterooms?

We definitely opt for the "shower-only" suites on Mariner.

The showers are large and well equipped; they were installed where the bath used to be.

GTY on Mariner is a risk; maybe better to ask Regent if you can "waitlist" a number of suite grades, then you can reject any offer that does not match your requirements.

If waitlisting, put down a deposit; refundable if you do not get what you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Once on the Mariner in a tub/shower suite, I measured the headroom when standing in the tub. It was 6’2”. Even though I am 5’8” tall, I kept banging my hands on the ceiling when washing my hair. But the real problem for me was that the tub floor was at least 8” above the bathroom floor. This made entry and exit very difficult for clumsy guys like me, and there were no “grab bars” mounted on the walls to help.

• Like 1