Princess Check-In Time Request query

So, we've filled in all the required information in the web version of the Princess check-in process for our upcoming cruise, have been allocated "Green Lane" status, and can supposedly book an embarkation check-in time slot. 

I've scoured every part of the cruise personaliser and cruise details sections of the web based check-in, and can find no reference to embarkation time slots.

The only explanation I can think of is that we don't yet have a cabin number [the cruise is four weeks away], and this may automatically appear when we do. 

Has anybody else had this problem, and would be keen to hear of your experiences or issues with the matter.

I booked our check-in time on the Medallion app on our phone, but I couldn't see where it could be done on the web version. If you can install the Medallion app on your phone you will see that the info you have entered is there because it is in Princess' system. To book your check-in time, to to 'Travel checklist' then to 'personal info & docs'. At the bottom of the screen  there is a 'suggested' heading in the middle of the screen. This includes embarkation and disembarkation times. Best of luck.

Thanks for your input.

I only have a basic mobile phone [it's all I need], so aren't able to load the Medallion app.

There must be many others who have the same situation.

The web version is a fairly straightforward way to enter all the required information, including dining requests, but if we can't do the embarkation request, will just have to turn up at the terminal without it. 

I'm sure there may be many others in the same situation.

23 minutes ago, cruisermsoon said:

The web version is a fairly straightforward way to enter all the required information, including dining requests, but if we can't do the embarkation request, will just have to turn up at the terminal without it. 

Would a call to Princess work?

4 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Would a call to Princess work?

I wouldn’t count on it. Our PVP tried to tell me that we could arrive and board at 3:30pm for a 4pm sail away. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cruisermsoon said:

Thanks for your input.

I only have a basic mobile phone [it's all I need], so aren't able to load the Medallion app.

There must be many others who have the same situation.

I'm sure there may be many others in the same situation.

You are correct. There will be a lot of people who haven't accessed the Medallion app on a smartphone. Princess said they will allocate an embarkation time for you. However, I think that Sinbad has a good idea. If you don't want a particular boarding time, or want to board early, I suggest you try a Live Chat on Princess. I had a couple of chats and found the Princess reps to be quite knowlegeable. I wonder if they can enter the boarding time you wish into your account on the Medallion system. It is worth a go. I found that phone either at 9am (or 9.02am!) or after 4pm resulted in no waiting time, or at least a short wait. Best of luck.

I also cannot access the Medallion app as my Samsung Galaxy Smart Phone somehow is not compatible with the app!!  I managed to upload the required docs for my cruise in 9 days time on the web version and am now in the 'green lane'.  However, like others, I cannot find my boarding time anywhere and not even my travel agent can find it!! I have tried to phone the Princess help line but gave up after waiting.  I've also tried the chat line a few times in the last few days and have been timed out on each occasion including once today!  I am very upset about this supposed 'improvement' which has done nothing more than cause a lot of frustration.  I am elite but it could be my last cruise with Princess!

8 minutes ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

I also cannot access the Medallion app as my Samsung Galaxy Smart Phone somehow is not compatible with the app!!  I managed to upload the required docs for my cruise in 9 days time on the web version and am now in the 'green lane'.  However, like others, I cannot find my boarding time anywhere and not even my travel agent can find it!! I have tried to phone the Princess help line but gave up after waiting.  I've also tried the chat line a few times in the last few days and have been timed out on each occasion including once today!  I am very upset about this supposed 'improvement' which has done nothing more than cause a lot of frustration.  I am elite but it could be my last cruise with Princess!

If you open the medallion app

click on travel checklist

click personal information & document 

scroll down and you’ll see arrival and departure group

6 minutes ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

I suggest you phone or try the chat line at 9am (or to be more specific, 9.02am). I have got straight through each time I call at that time.

We have a Samsung Galaxy phone, an 11 I think. It is a fairly basic model. We were able to add the Medallion app so I don't know why yours won't. I remember going through Play Store. I can't remember the details but if you continue to have trouble loading it, I will ask my son who 'walked' me through the process on the phone.

1 minute ago, rkmw said:

If you open the medallion app

click on travel checklist

click personal information & document 

scroll down and you’ll see arrival and departure group

I think CruisecrazyAussie hasn't been able to load the app onto the phone.

Thanks for the feedback. As Aus Traveller thought my Samsung Galaxy phone (about 4/5 years old) is not compatible with the Medallion app.  My travel agent has loaded the app on her mobile and still did not get a check-in time.  She mentioned that I may be in Group B but had no idea about what time that meant. Any ideas?

29 minutes ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

How old is your Samsung Galaxy? Mine is compatible, as well as my wife's Samsung A.

4 minutes ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

Thanks for the feedback. As Aus Traveller thought my Samsung Galaxy phone (about 4/5 years old) is not compatible with the Medallion app.  My travel agent has loaded the app on her mobile and still did not get a check-in time.  She mentioned that I may be in Group B but had no idea about what time that meant. Any ideas?

My old phone is a S7 from 2016, and this had the Medallion app on it. It worked fine, but it was an older version of the app.

As you say, you are elite and entitled to priority boarding anyway, so you should be allowed to check-in/board whenever you like, regardless of picking a time.

12 minutes ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

Group B is 11.30 to 12pm

Thanks arxcards.  As for elite, while entitled I've found no priority boarding ever out of Brisbane. Maybe things will be different with the new Brisbane Cruise Terminal. In the past, I just had to queue up with everyone else, unlike overseas ports where it was easy and quick boarding

1 minute ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

Thanks arxcards.  As for elite, while entitled I've found no priority boarding ever out of Brisbane. Maybe things will be different with the new Brisbane Cruise Terminal. In the past, I just had to queue up with everyone else, unlike overseas ports where it was easy and quick boarding

Might be a lot of elites onboard and being the first cruise out of Brisbane with the first group at 11am know one knows if anyone is going to have priority boarding

Just now, rkmw said:

Might be a lot of elites onboard and being the first cruise out of Brisbane with the first group at 11am know one knows if anyone is going to have priority boarding

Can I play the Group A + Elite + Suite card? 

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rkmw said:

It is part of your loyalty perks, so they can hardly say no. It used to be for priority check-in, they had one dedicated counter, then two, and I have seen them use four for one cruise. 

Not everyone applies their priority by trying to be first aboard. It is still great to show-up when ready, short line at priority check-in, then straight through to boarding without having to wait on your number to be called.

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Can I play the Group A + Elite + Suite card? 

🤣🤣🤣

I’m Group B at 11.30 cruising tomorrow and see if elites can get on at 11am

let you know  what happens 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rkmw said:

I’m Group B at 11.30 cruising tomorrow and see if elites can get on at 11am

let you know  what happens 

That makes an interesting point. Elites and suites have access to the earliest boarding groups via the app. In ye olde times, your docs would be printed with your priority marked on them, but now is there anything to show in paper form if you don't have the app? Might be hard to get into the terminal for priority check-in if you don't have one of those slots. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

Well OzKiwiJJ I can'tn use the card you suggest although am in a balcony!  I've checked my phone and I have Android 7.1.1 and Samsung Experience 8.5.  Anything I can do to improve this?

Unfortunately not, the only solution is to buy a new phone. 🙁

We're very excited to be trying a suite on this cruise. It will make it very special.

• Like 1