Best Parking option for Port Everglades for November cruise

horseymike

Hi Everyone,

Park n Fly has just announced they are closing their lot near Port Everglades effective June 27th.

With our reservation with them going to be cancelled, Can I get some recommendations from 

fellow cruisers about parking for a November cruise from Port Everglades ?
Thanks

3 hours ago, horseymike said:

Hi Everyone,

Park n Fly has just announced they are closing their lot near Port Everglades effective June 27th.

With our reservation with them going to be cancelled, Can I get some recommendations from 

Thanks

I suggest that you try Park n Go  https://gator.bookparkngo.com/reservations/new

There is no notice of closing anywhere on their new site.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

What do you mean by "at the port?"  Is that Park 'n Go?  Can you make reservations?  Are the cars protected?  

I am referring to parking in one of the garages at the port.  No reservations are needed and there is 24 hour security.  

Best option is at the port garages.  So convenient.  If you want a hotel option with parking try Fairfield Inn and Suites on Griffin Rd in Dania Beach.  You can park there for up to 14 days.  I've used this hotel with parking several times without any problems.   They provide shuttle to the port and we use Uber to return after cruising.  We're cruising in November also and will most likely use this hotel again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, breezer said:

Best option is at the port garages.  So convenient.  If you want a hotel option with parking try Fairfield Inn and Suites on Griffin Rd in Dania Beach.  You can park there for up to 14 days.  I've used this hotel with parking several times without any problems.   They provide shuttle to the port and we use Uber to return after cruising.  We're cruising in November also and will most likely use this hotel again.

We will be driving in on a Saturday afternoon in November.  How likely is it that the garages will be full?  Are there several garages?  Would an online port map show the location of the garages?  Thank you for your recommendations.  I will also look into the Fairfield Inn.

3 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

We will be driving in on a Saturday afternoon in November.  How likely is it that the garages will be full?  Are there several garages?  Would an online port map show the location of the garages?  Thank you for your recommendations.  I will also look into the Fairfield Inn.

Yes there are several places to park at the port.   Just choose the one closest to where your ship is docked.  Check a port map and it shows where parking garages or lots are.  I can't speculate how full the parking garages will be but I've never heard of port parking running out of space.  There are ships going in and out of ports every day, or almost every day,  it seems.

6 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

Just arrive after your ship has completed disembarkation and those passengers have collected their luggage and left the port (10:30 ish).  All those parking spaces will be freed up.  I agree with @breezer, I've never hear of any issues with parking availability at Port Everglades even on the busiest weekends in the winter. 

11 hours ago, breezer said:

Yes there are several places to park at the port.   Just choose the one closest to where your ship is docked.  Check a port map and it shows where parking garages or lots are.  I can't speculate how full the parking garages will be but I've never heard of port parking running out of space.  There are ships going in and out of ports every day, or almost every day,  it seems.

Thank you for the info.  I did check the port map.  Have not yet found the lot closest to HAL, but there is shuttle service, so I assume that proximity to the pier is not vital.  I was surprised at the reasonableness of the rates - $6.95/day!   And, Capriccio, thank you pointing out that 10:30 and later is an opportune time to find space.  Great suggestions!

36 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Thank you for the info.  I did check the port map.  Have not yet found the lot closest to HAL, but there is shuttle service, so I assume that proximity to the pier is not vital.  I was surprised at the reasonableness of the rates - $6.95/day!   And, Capriccio, thank you pointing out that 10:30 and later is an opportune time to find space.  Great suggestions!

Parking at Port Everglades is $15 per day.  Not sure where you found $6.95.

7 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

Have not yet found the lot closest to HAL, but there is shuttle service

HAL ships normally dock at Piers 19, 21, 26, or 29.  The Mid-Port Parking Garage serves all of those piers.  Occasionally, Pier 4 is used and a Parking Garage is located at that pier.  There is a free shuttle that the Port provides for those sailing from/to Pier 29.  Or, if your ship leaves/arrives at Pier 4 and your car is parked at the garage near Pier 4 or at the Mid-Port Parking Garage, there is supposed to be a free shuttle to the appropriate Garage.  (However, that was not my experience at the end of one cruise.  I had to get a taxi, but, the driver took me directly to my car in the Garage.  Greatly appreciated and the driver received a generous tip.)  

On 6/22/2022 at 4:17 PM, rkacruiser said:

HAL ships normally dock at Piers 19, 21, 26, or 29.  The Mid-Port Parking Garage serves all of those piers.  Occasionally, Pier 4 is used and a Parking Garage is located at that pier.  There is a free shuttle that the Port provides for those sailing from/to Pier 29.  Or, if your ship leaves/arrives at Pier 4 and your car is parked at the garage near Pier 4 or at the Mid-Port Parking Garage, there is supposed to be a free shuttle to the appropriate Garage.  (However, that was not my experience at the end of one cruise.  I had to get a taxi, but, the driver took me directly to my car in the Garage.  Greatly appreciated and the driver received a generous tip.)  

Thank you for this info.  Can you request the Mid-Port Garage when you book a reservation, I wonder.  If not,  it might behoove us to not reserve in advance and simply head to the Mid-Port garage.  I didn't get that far into booking a space to see the specifics.  

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

Thank you for this info.  Can you request the Mid-Port Garage when you book a reservation, I wonder.  If not,  it might behoove us to not reserve in advance and simply head to the Mid-Port garage.  I didn't get that far into booking a space to see the specifics.  

Port Everglades does not accept parking reservations.  See the cruise parking information at www.porteverglades.net,

22 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

Can you request the Mid-Port Garage when you book a reservation, I wonder. 

As the following CC member said, no reservations are accepted and none are needed.  I have sailed from Port Everglades, having driven there, on a Winter week-end day when all of the cruise ship berths were occupied.  Plenty of space to park even then.  If you are concerned, arrive at the Port in the 10:45-11:30 time frame.  The previous cruisers will have mostly departed with the new guests starting to arrive.

A suggestion:  try to find a parking spot near the elevator(s) closest to where your ship is docked.  You might have to drive up to the the higher floors in the Mid-Port Garage.  I find it more convenient and usually provides a shorter walk to/from elevators.  

21 hours ago, capriccio said:

Port Everglades does not accept parking reservations.  See the cruise parking information at www.porteverglades.net,

18 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

As the following CC member said, no reservations are accepted and none are needed.  I have sailed from Port Everglades, having driven there, on a Winter week-end day when all of the cruise ship berths were occupied.  Plenty of space to park even then.  If you are concerned, arrive at the Port in the 10:45-11:30 time frame.  The previous cruisers will have mostly departed with the new guests starting to arrive.

A suggestion:  try to find a parking spot near the elevator(s) closest to where your ship is docked.  You might have to drive up to the the higher floors in the Mid-Port Garage.  I find it more convenient and usually provides a shorter walk to/from elevators.  

Good info.  Thank you.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 6:04 PM, Tampa Girl said:

The Mid-Port Garage has been renamed Palm Garage.

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

But it is still part of the Port Everglades parking?

Yes. Just letting you know that if you enter the port looking for "Mid-Port Garage" on the signage, you won't see it.

Edited by hrhdhd
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2022 at 9:52 AM, horseymike said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks

Are you needing a hotel? If so Hyatt Place offers stay/cruise parking for $7.00 per night.

21 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Yes. Just letting you know that if you enter the port looking for "Mid-Port Garage" on the signage, you won't see it.

Why did the Port officials do this renaming of the garages?  It becomes confusing for those who have patronized their parking and are returning for another cruise since March, 2020.  Some bureaucrat needing to "do something" to justify his/her job?