How many got Covid on this Cruise?? Disembarked 13. June.

Krydstosser

On 6/16/2022 at 9:28 AM, Redtravel said:

I know how you feel.  Just off Summit and spouse is positive and really miserable.  Did you contact Celebrity?

Nope but I put it in my comments when I did the survey.  They have no idea how many are getting sick from cruising.

FWIW, I tested positive two days after an equinox cruise, the last day of May.  I seemed to get over it, then this weekend, my nose clogged up again and I still feel fatigue.  While it may seem like one is "over it" quickly, I would say don't be so sure.  My DH tested positive two days before me and has fully recovered it seems. 

Even land trips do not keep you safe from Covid. May 29th to June 5th our whole family (9 people) spent a week in St Thomas in 3 separate condos. My son and his wife both tested positive 3 days after we all returned, he thinks it was on the flight home as the guy behind them on the plane was coughing the whole 3 hours flight. That same week my sister and her whole family did a, NCL Hawaii cruise and my brother-in-law and their 11 year old niece all tested positive when they got home. COVID is going to be with us forever, so we just need to accept the risk and live as normal as possible. Every one in our and my sister's family have recovered and as my son said yesterday, he has had colds that were way worse than his case of Covid.

• Like 1

Think people on this board need to stop blaming cruising for spreading covid.  You can get it anywhere but granted, it’s probably more risky on a ship but we all know that before we board so shouldn’t complain afterwards.

Edited by C4HCG

I caught Covid on the Apex, disembarked in Amsterdam and completed my isolation there.  Then I had a get-out-of-jail free card for the rest of my European vacation because with both vaccines and two boosters, followed by Covid- I was bullet-proof!  I know immunity won't last- but take advantage of it while you can and travel!!

• Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 1:24 PM, C4HCG said:

Think people on this board need to stop blaming cruising for spreading covid.  You can get it anywhere but granted, it’s probably more risky on a ship but we all know that before we board so shouldn’t complain afterwards.

So true.  We did a 7-day Carribean out of Florida and then another week on land in Florida with another couple.  We all were fine after the cruise, they even got a random test on the way home at the airport (Canada) and tested negative.  What happened 6 weeks later?  They both got COVID, from something at home that had nothing to do with the trip at all.  We still haven't managed to get it but we're a bit more 'careful' at home than they are.

Basically when I'm on a trip I'm being smart by masking on transport and staying away from theatres/trying to patio and stay outside as much as possible, but I know I'm inviting much more risk than I invite at home.

• Like 1

We departed the Equinox on the 12th and tested positive on the 13th

Ships Captain made an announcement on the 11th that they fell within the CDC 1% reporting requirement and all possible contact tracing was completed....Guess they missed a few.

BTW...We did everything possible on board and ashore not to catch Covid, stay safe everyone